GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PC is still slowing down after installing 300W PSU"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/08/01 at 17:25
Regular
Ok, i installed the PSU and downloaded a stak of new drivers (VIA4in1, Detonator 3 etc). But the PC is still really slow. Is this because the lack of power from my old 240W PSU did some damage to my CPU ?
Fri 17/08/01 at 06:11
McNAB

Check / try the following

1. You are NOT using "RAID" or the RAID drivers / controller

2. If you have a sound card, that it is in slot 3

3. The 4in1 driver is version 4.32v

4. Video shaddow is DISABLED in the bios

5. The Nvidia driver is v12.41 (WHQL)

6. You have not chipped / cracked the CPU die when you fitted the heatsink and fan

7. Your CDrom is on the secondary IDE port

8. You are using an ATA66 IDE cable for the hard drive

9. If you have a network card try removing it.

Hope this helps!
HalT.
Fri 17/08/01 at 01:33
Regular
No, define slow
Thu 16/08/01 at 17:31
Also, i bought 256mb of unbuffered ecc RAM and i am using it now, but in the KT7A manual it says it only takes Parity and Non-Parity RAM. Could this be slowing it down?
Please help!!
Thu 16/08/01 at 17:25
Ok, i installed the PSU and downloaded a stak of new drivers (VIA4in1, Detonator 3 etc). But the PC is still really slow. Is this because the lack of power from my old 240W PSU did some damage to my CPU ?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.