GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How (much less) disapointing..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic'.
Sun 25/01/04 at 11:03
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Knights of the Old Repbulic. Easily the best game on Xbox. Halo should worship it and admit that it's overrated and let this masterpiece take its rightful place.

Anyway. All through the game (which was a bit short for an epic RPG, story wise anyway) you could make choices, good or bad, and usually follow through actions for Light/Dark and help or hinder people as such, you all know the drill.

So, when my Female Scout Jedi Consular Uber-Swordsman finds old Bastila on the Star Forge, I expected to aid her and convert her to the Light again and have her fight alongside me again (she was always in my team)...

But no.

How infuriating. I couldn't turn her back, which mkes a mockery of the choice you have earlier in the game and actually really annoyed me. I guess it's a testament to the game that I actually did not want to kill her, but I had to because there was no other choice. How annoyingly disapointing....
Sun 25/01/04 at 11:10
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Anyone know where i can pick it up for about £20,then?
Sun 25/01/04 at 11:09
Regular
I also agree with you that it is easily the best game on the Xbox and a great RPG. It also took me around 70 hours to complete, so I wouldn't say it was short.
Sun 25/01/04 at 11:09
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Halo isn't over-rated - it's feclking aweesome. Co-op is genius, and, while 1 player may suck at first, 2nd time through it is awesome also.

I haven't played KotoR yet though, So i'll hold me breath...
Sun 25/01/04 at 11:08
Regular
I managed to turn her back. It's just a question of saying the right things, which I quite enjoyed. There was a nice tactical element to the persuasion.

Yeah, but even after you do turn her back, she says sorry and then performs her battle meditation for the rebel fleet so they win the battle.
Sun 25/01/04 at 11:03
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Knights of the Old Repbulic. Easily the best game on Xbox. Halo should worship it and admit that it's overrated and let this masterpiece take its rightful place.

Anyway. All through the game (which was a bit short for an epic RPG, story wise anyway) you could make choices, good or bad, and usually follow through actions for Light/Dark and help or hinder people as such, you all know the drill.

So, when my Female Scout Jedi Consular Uber-Swordsman finds old Bastila on the Star Forge, I expected to aid her and convert her to the Light again and have her fight alongside me again (she was always in my team)...

But no.

How infuriating. I couldn't turn her back, which mkes a mockery of the choice you have earlier in the game and actually really annoyed me. I guess it's a testament to the game that I actually did not want to kill her, but I had to because there was no other choice. How annoyingly disapointing....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.