GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How (much less) disapointing..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic'.
Sun 25/01/04 at 11:03
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Knights of the Old Repbulic. Easily the best game on Xbox. Halo should worship it and admit that it's overrated and let this masterpiece take its rightful place.

Anyway. All through the game (which was a bit short for an epic RPG, story wise anyway) you could make choices, good or bad, and usually follow through actions for Light/Dark and help or hinder people as such, you all know the drill.

So, when my Female Scout Jedi Consular Uber-Swordsman finds old Bastila on the Star Forge, I expected to aid her and convert her to the Light again and have her fight alongside me again (she was always in my team)...

But no.

How infuriating. I couldn't turn her back, which mkes a mockery of the choice you have earlier in the game and actually really annoyed me. I guess it's a testament to the game that I actually did not want to kill her, but I had to because there was no other choice. How annoyingly disapointing....
Sun 25/01/04 at 11:52
Regular
Ah yes.

As a male you fall in love with Bastila, and the whole idea of Jedis not being in love thing arises. But because I though Bastila was a bit annoying, I just said "best to remain friends, eh?".
Sun 25/01/04 at 11:42
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I've done all the side quests I've come across.

I'm a female, and so different to you. I'm guessing there's love involved, yeah?

I'm lumbered with goaty-gimpoid Carth as my love interest.
Sun 25/01/04 at 11:28
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> Maverick, were you male or female?

Male. I'm going to have a shot at completing it as a dark side female next.

> 70 hours?
>
> I've reached the Forge on Light path in 25 hours....

Well... put some of that down as pause time. About 2 hours. But yep, 70 hours. Why? Well I like to explore every nook and cranny, ask every question to every person, do every side quest thoroughly, and spend lots of time playing the mini-games such as Pazaak and Swoopbike Racing.

I'm just like that. Starfox Adventures took me about 20-25 hours.
Sun 25/01/04 at 11:20
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I said co-op was fun. Just not worth paying (Still?!!!!) £30-40 for.
Sun 25/01/04 at 11:19
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I meant multi as in co-op, because actual 4 player multi is poor.

But anyway, I like Halo co-op, you don't. i jst hope you see the error of your ways...
Sun 25/01/04 at 11:14
Regular
"gsybe you!"
mattribute wrote:
>>
> Multiplayer is awesome, and you must testify.

But it isn't....

Online on the PC it's quite fun, but on an Xbox, the co-op is fun but not worth the game, and the multi is just rubbish, because all the small maps (for the usually 2/3 people one has) are just pathetic.
Sun 25/01/04 at 11:14
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I reiterate - Halo one player suck, but with a mate and a few hours, it is ownage.

But, again, i'll wait to play KotoR before I properly judge which is best.

Though nothing can beat RS3 on Live...
Sun 25/01/04 at 11:12
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Maverick, were you male or female?

70 hours?

I've reached the Forge on Light path in 25 hours....

And Kotor is just far better than Halo. Halo is overrated dullness, while KOTOR is impossible to overrate brilliance.
Sun 25/01/04 at 11:12
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I've got to say that it is my favourite FPS ever, and there isn't nother game that i can think of that comes close.

Metroid isn't a FPS as such and Doom is simplistic.

Believe, Maverick. You and Organised should tea up and 'do it', yes.

Multiplayer is awesome, and you must testify.
Sun 25/01/04 at 11:10
Regular
Ah but when people give Halo 9-10/10 and call it the greatest FPS ever created, or the greatest game ever created, it's massively overrated.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.