GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How (much less) disapointing..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic'.
Sun 25/01/04 at 11:03
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Knights of the Old Repbulic. Easily the best game on Xbox. Halo should worship it and admit that it's overrated and let this masterpiece take its rightful place.

Anyway. All through the game (which was a bit short for an epic RPG, story wise anyway) you could make choices, good or bad, and usually follow through actions for Light/Dark and help or hinder people as such, you all know the drill.

So, when my Female Scout Jedi Consular Uber-Swordsman finds old Bastila on the Star Forge, I expected to aid her and convert her to the Light again and have her fight alongside me again (she was always in my team)...

But no.

How infuriating. I couldn't turn her back, which mkes a mockery of the choice you have earlier in the game and actually really annoyed me. I guess it's a testament to the game that I actually did not want to kill her, but I had to because there was no other choice. How annoyingly disapointing....
Tue 27/01/04 at 18:58
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I often get stuck on things that are simple - like fining a door or a switch - i went around teh whole island on that beach level on Halo just to get back to where I was and find out i was already in the right place.
Tue 27/01/04 at 18:52
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Unless you are an anal retentive, KOTOR cannot last more than 35 hours. I'd just get bored. Sure, it's engrossing, but not that much!

I did all the sub quests etc on the Light Path.

Of course, I have the Dark path to do, so that's another 25 hours or so.
Tue 27/01/04 at 18:25
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I'll take ages - I'm crap at RPG's, and games in general
Mon 26/01/04 at 18:19
"I love yo... lamp."
I did that too. But in 52 hours and every quest :-P
Mon 26/01/04 at 16:39
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Well, I killed her, but loading it back up again I turned her. No Dark Side points for killing her. Nor Light for saving her. Mind you, i was about as Light as God, so there was no need.

I shall be Evil now.

Feels kinda bad in a way. I'd much rather be nice.
Mon 26/01/04 at 15:31
Regular
"That's right!"
First time I played, I was a light Jedi and turned her back. Second time, I was a dark Jedi and joined her in that temple place.

Playing it again (not much, just dip in and out) and I'm thinking about trying to kill her this time...
Mon 26/01/04 at 12:53
Regular
"gsybe you!"
*SPOILER*

Well, I got the last Map even when Bastila had been taken.
Mon 26/01/04 at 08:18
Regular
"\\"
Can't you people put *Spoiler* in your titles? I'm only getting the last star map.
Mon 26/01/04 at 00:47
Regular
"Remember me?"
mattribute wrote:
> Indeed.
>
> Everything I read on the net is correct.

Minus the correct part. Obviously.
Sun 25/01/04 at 14:43
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Indeed.

Everything I read on the net is correct.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.