GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Grand Turismo 4 wish list"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Gran Turismo 4 (GT4)'.
Fri 30/01/04 at 15:24
Regular
"www.bloodbanx.com"
right if you can just say what you want grand turismo 4 to be like (wish)

i will set an example:

i wsih that gran turismo 4 will have 500 great cars and 100 great tracks with spoliers and extra things to tune my cars up with.

now its your turn......
Fri 30/01/04 at 17:03
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I hope that special route 11 isn't included in the game, i absolutely loathe that level, just can't do it as well as all the others for some reason.
Fri 30/01/04 at 17:06
Regular
"www.bloodbanx.com"
which ones that?? is that the one that looks like a cramped hedgehog or the spaced out one?? i like both personnally but i can't think of a track i don't like... (myfavorite is cotze adore track )(or whatever theyspell it like) the one with the worst hairpin
Fri 30/01/04 at 17:08
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
The night level with all the flashing neon lights around it. Quite a long track, usually takes about 1:45:00 to go around it.
Fri 30/01/04 at 17:17
Regular
"www.bloodbanx.com"
oh that one!

the one with about 6 hairpins.

i think its alright if you have:

A) a mini cooper 1.3l
B) you are a careful driver

otherwise .... @];'L{@:[.~;#';;[;.#./# ahhhhh {#.[]##'.@>~['.'.#'.# why you little @L:>~}:@ why the hell :@:>@}: oh you wanna play that game mr. :::[pOLPL~{~:>}{

*accelarates much quicker than ever*

oh you little @@@@'.#'. you think you can cut me up eh???? >@{>@@> haha you little twirp DOH! that wasn't supposed to happen

WHY YOU STUPID MALFUCTIONING CONTROLLER YOUR ONLY 1 WEEK OLD AND YOU CAN'T EVEN TURN WITHOUT SKIDDING!!!

2 hours later and a gold medal

hey my controller works again ITS AMAZING (not)
Fri 30/01/04 at 17:20
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
It was alright once i got the F1 car i could hit some of the harder corners and still get away with it due to how fast it accelerates. Otherwise it's a bloody pain to win the race.
Fri 30/01/04 at 17:22
Regular
"Notable"
lalakersrule wrote:
> I hope that special route 11 isn't included in the game, i absolutely
> loathe that level, just can't do it as well as all the others for
> some reason.

Laguna Seca Reverse. And Cote D'Azure. Both solid and really annoying, in my opinion.
Fri 30/01/04 at 17:53
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Laguna Seca did give me some headaches but once i mastered the corkscrew i found it easier.
Fri 30/01/04 at 19:08
"period drama"
Hows about some damage and some decent AI and some actual improvments over the last game.
No?
Thought not.
Fri 30/01/04 at 19:51
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Hows about some damage and some decent AI and some actual improvments
> over the last game.

I think if the AI is improved, and some sort of damage system is included, then that's all that really needs improving over the last game. And there's absolutely no reson why Sony/Polyphony can't do this, as they have had plenty of time to improve AI and most other racers seem to manage this no problem.

As for damage, I reckon "the manufacturers don't like their cars getting damaged" is just an excuse. For one thing, it a game for goodness sake, no-ones gonna take it that seriously. If you take a car, any car, and smack it into a brick wall, it's gonna get damaged. Just because they're indestructable in a game, doesn't mean they're gonna be indestructable in real life. (DUH!)

Besides, PGR2 has damage in it, and it uses almost exactly the same manufacturers anyway.

I reckon it's just a mix of laziness, and an attempt to cut development costs. And why would they bother putting damage in anyway when everyone seems to think GT4 will be the best racer ever and will buy it regardless?
Fri 30/01/04 at 20:23
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Is Gran Turismo really that hard to type?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.