GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"console wars- WHO THE HELL CARES!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 31/01/04 at 22:26
Regular
"The Red Shift"
polluting a forum with console wars is just stupid. no one ever gives in, nothing is gained, nothing is lost. no-one would sell their machine just to buy another unless it was for their own reasons. if they're well thought out and done in a give and take debate, fine. but when its just a slur match, an argument, there's no point. i wish SR would change the example...

don't expect me to reply and get caught up in an ironic argument. ill just be pleased to see the viewings number going up.
Tue 03/02/04 at 13:54
Regular
"Moody DJ"
Is this about a follow up to Advance Wars...?
Tue 03/02/04 at 13:39
Regular
"You have a choice"
The reason people bother with all this is BECAUSE they think thier consoles are so great and they either want to make others think that 2, or just try and stop people slagging it off.
Sun 01/02/04 at 19:09
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
béSSánt ©opy®ight™ wrote:
> console wars is an excuse for arguing its a tradition and i think as
> long as it has a point and it is diffrent to the other threads its
> fine.
> but it does get boring seeing 3 all next to each other.

That's the thing though every single time a console wars thread comes up out come the same old tired fanboy ramblings of why their console is better than someone elses. For god sake why people can't just shut up about it and go play on their god like systems i don't know.

All it does is fill this forum up with mindless arguing and rubbish and pushes decent posts down out of view.
Sun 01/02/04 at 18:44
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
FantasyMeister wrote:
> (Wonders why they bother coming into the PS2 forum anyhow...).

Because some of us 'Boxers' also have a PS2.

:)
Sun 01/02/04 at 13:54
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Sony rulez!

The gamecube aint even worthy enough to sit on my desk.

Sony, sony....rah rah rah!!!
Sun 01/02/04 at 13:40
Regular
"www.bloodbanx.com"
console wars is an excuse for arguing its a tradition and i think as long as it has a point and it is diffrent to the other threads its fine.
but it does get boring seeing 3 all next to each other.
Sun 01/02/04 at 00:24
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> (Wonders why they bother coming into the PS2 forum anyhow...).

I know they should be playing all the great games on the Xbox......*looks at Xbox catalogue of games*.............never mind :-D
Sun 01/02/04 at 00:20
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
(Wonders why they bother coming into the PS2 forum anyhow...).
Sun 01/02/04 at 00:19
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Dunno why the Boxers always froth on about Rainbow Glitch 3 all the time anyhow.

It's a little buggy. To put it mildly.

OVER HERE GUYS LOOK!
Sun 01/02/04 at 00:12
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Thank you Clazon i was going to post a topic just like this but, well i'm lazy :-D Why people can't just understand everyone has different opinions and tastes and shut up i don't know.

FantasyMeister wrote:
> Nobody cares. But if someone starts one I'll usually throw in a bit
> if bait and watch the Ninties and Boxers start frothing at the mouth,
> listing zillions of games, copying out technical specs and throwing
> the word 'exclusive' about.
>
> Very entertaining. It's usually the same ones every time as well.
> You'd think they'd have cottoned on to it by now.

Noticed that to FM. Maybe you should make it a tad more obvious next time. Some neon flashing lights and signs will maybe do the trick........maybe.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.