GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Vice City is genius...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: Vice City'.
Sat 07/02/04 at 17:04
Regular
So far I've done 3 things that I've always wanted to do.

1) Gone sick slicing people up with a samurai sword in a shopping center, complete with head severage and blood squirtage

2) Pulled a wheelie on a motorcycle, squashing a police man as I go then making an escape listening to 99 Red balloons with sirens in the background

3) Walked into a crowded nightclub, pulled a meat claver out of my jacket and made mince meat out of the village people

Genius!
Thu 19/02/04 at 13:47
"Uzi Lover"
Yes, I enjoy Vice City alot more.

That whole walking through the door slowly thing though - Pathetic. It must be causing people everywhere problems, what a stupid bug.

Most people probably run through it too, because I certainly don't casually stroll around Liberty City.
Thu 19/02/04 at 13:43
Regular
That happened to me....constantly

You must stop before the door and gradually walk in. Tedious, but it works.

Vice city is much better

56% complete , 50 hidden packages and 25 Rampages done.
Thu 19/02/04 at 13:02
"Uzi Lover"
So I had the hard choice of playing, from the start, either GTA 3 or Vice City from the double pack. After a long hard think in the shower...;)...i decided the choice was to be GTA 3.

I put it in and started playing for a few hours, saving only once as I found it pointless going back to the same place to save after every mission. I got tons of missions done and was feeling real proud of my Gangsta-like ways.

Then it hit me, "hold on MWA, I should save now as I haven't eaten in a long long time". So I did. I went and got the coolest car on the streets and then fixed it up with a paint job after smashing it up, I was all ready to put this baby in the Garage and save my game.

So I put the car in the garage.

I walk in the room to save the game.

Then:

"Hold on a minute this thing isn't moving...is it saving?"

So I left it and I then confirmed that it had gone and stalled on me. Great. Hours of play down the drain.

I just stuck Vice City in after that. Not going back on that bugged up game.
Sat 14/02/04 at 14:17
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
> Mr Sunday Night wrote:
> Can anyone tell me where the so called 'ghost island' is in GTA3??
> and how do u get there?

> Maverick42 wrote:
> You need to take a Dodo around the back of the third island (I forget
> it's name - Stanton?). Keep flying, and you should see it in the see
> somewhere. Be warned though - you can't land there.

Also, it's a complete waste of about 10 minutes of your life, as the island is crap and not worth the hasle.

:)
Fri 13/02/04 at 23:48
Regular
"I WILL win :D"
na, the best thing to do is walk into any shop, pull out your gun and then aim it at the person behind the counter, that makes them scared and they drop all their money from the shop, it comes in handy if you need money but if you take to long they press the alarm, so you need to kill them as soon as they finish with the money and then hopefully by the time you go to escape there wont be loads of cops and FBI waiting outside for you, but if you like a challenge then just wait in there til there are loads and then go out and blast them to smitherines (if thats how its spelled), this works best if you have a minigun as they hav little tiny guns and theres you with this massive gun that takes two hands and kills easier seeing as it is the biggest gun i have seen in the game, it blows cars up easier too :).

But the music for vice city, well..... that just rocks because it has lots of different varieties from rock to soft sort of operatic, so there is music for all your tastes, just imagine what the next GTA is going to be like, whoah! it`ll probably have better music, more vehicles, and apparantly bigger levels, soooo, yay, hopefully you will be able to do motorbike tricks, lol
Tue 10/02/04 at 12:33
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
i would have to say vice city has the best music, but chatterbox on gta3 was pure gold. But then i liked VCPR on vice city aswell.
The ads are good on both games aswell...rated R for retarded.
Mon 09/02/04 at 18:58
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Still can't get over how damn good Vice City's soundtrack is.

It's something special and completely sets the tone for the action.
Mon 09/02/04 at 18:56
Regular
It is pretty funny.

Just shows how drastically opinions can differ.
Mon 09/02/04 at 18:39
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
stuff about GTA3

Heh, my opinions are totally the opposite of what you've written. I can't imagine how you can think all that stuff about Liberty, quite funny really.

But you're right about Chatterbox, though I reckon Fernando on Emotion and the 2 other chat stations just about make up for the lack of decent Lazlo.

Still can't get over how damn good Vice City's soundtrack is.
Mon 09/02/04 at 18:07
Regular
I think GTA3 is why I am spending an additional 6 months at Uni. Luckily I got vice city during the summer, when I was on holiday.

Yes, I have no will power. If there were qualifications in playing computer games, I'd be Supreme Chancellor :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.