GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Vice City is genius...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: Vice City'.
Sat 07/02/04 at 17:04
Regular
So far I've done 3 things that I've always wanted to do.

1) Gone sick slicing people up with a samurai sword in a shopping center, complete with head severage and blood squirtage

2) Pulled a wheelie on a motorcycle, squashing a police man as I go then making an escape listening to 99 Red balloons with sirens in the background

3) Walked into a crowded nightclub, pulled a meat claver out of my jacket and made mince meat out of the village people

Genius!
Sun 08/02/04 at 16:56
Regular
The motorbikes were a little too poor on the handling side, I felt.
Sun 08/02/04 at 16:55
Regular
"That's right!"
GTA3 had the better city. But VC has motorbikes, so VC wins.
Sun 08/02/04 at 16:51
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Vice City for me so far, is much better than GTA3. There's so much
> more to do and it's a lot more varied.

What Vice City improves on in terms of gameplay, it looses out on in terms of design. Compare the two game worlds of GTA 3 and Vice City and it's no contest - GTA 3 is a lot more gritty, interesting and varied, while Vice City has repetitive buildings and landscapes with no real landmarks or memorable moments.
Sun 08/02/04 at 12:51
Regular
Vice City for me so far, is much better than GTA3. There's so much more to do and it's a lot more varied.

Another genius moment is when you go onto one of the piers and point your gun at someone, they panic and run off the side and drown themselves. Oh and the drunken bum type person that has NAM flashbacks when you hold your gun in his face "Are you Charlie?"

Heh, this game's just full of funny moments.
Sun 08/02/04 at 10:37
"Uzi Lover"
I prefer walking in the nightclub and just lobbing a Grenade, then seeing them all fall.

Aren't I twisted.
Sun 08/02/04 at 08:20
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Walk into a night club with a chainsaw, or atleast cut up some cars with one.
Sun 08/02/04 at 00:40
Regular
"Remember me?"
power-off wrote:
> Maverick42 wrote:
> GTA3 had much better design for me, and was a lot more enjoyable to
> play.
Sat 07/02/04 at 22:47
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Maverick42 wrote:
> GTA3 had much better design for me, and was a lot more enjoyable to
> play.
Sat 07/02/04 at 22:25
Regular
"8==="
spoonbeast wrote:
> The aiming in the game is terrible. As shooting relies on whether
> you're fast enough to scroll through each person (maybe aiming at a
> gangster or a cop whiles doing so) and then firing.
>
> This is the only fault in the game. Couldn't understand why they
> didn't put a targeter or some cross hairs to actually help people
> out. Lets hope Rockstar make an upgrade or something and improve
> it.
>
> Apart from that. Good game. Very good.

I agree. The aiming reminded me of State of Emergency.
Sat 07/02/04 at 22:22
Regular
"eat toast!"
The aiming in the game is terrible. As shooting relies on whether you're fast enough to scroll through each person (maybe aiming at a gangster or a cop whiles doing so) and then firing.

This is the only fault in the game. Couldn't understand why they didn't put a targeter or some cross hairs to actually help people out. Lets hope Rockstar make an upgrade or something and improve it.

Apart from that. Good game. Very good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.