GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why memory cards are utter toss!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/02/04 at 20:26
Regular
Just lost my 40+ hour Zelda save, Resident Evil save after completing it on all difficulties, Wave Race save and 10+ hour Eternal Darkness save all because of the bast*rd game known as Burnout 2. I can't believe this has happened, there is no way I am going back through Zelda or Eternal Darkness so I might as well lob them on Ebay in a minute. I can not believe this has happened, absolutely bollo*ks. All because some pasty faced programmer left a glitch in the game.
Thu 12/02/04 at 16:39
Regular
"2 WHEELS ONLY"
Thats is a REAL bad story. I would hate that!
Thu 12/02/04 at 16:59
"I love yo... lamp."
Has he tried phoning Xbox customer services? Sometimes they are sympathetic and will repair out of warranty Xboxes for free.

That is also probably the first instance I've heard of hard drive failure. Sure it would be a bummer, but the benefits of having a hard drive are numerous.

Besides, you are even more likely to have problems with memory cards dying on you. I've had it happen, even with official ones. Whereas most hard drives are guaranteed for 50,000+ hours without failure. That is roughly 5 and a half years non stop continual spinning. Or 16 billion revolutions.

Hard drive failures are rare.
Thu 12/02/04 at 17:05
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Yep, he rang Customer Services, basically he was told he was out of warranty and could pay for a repair. I'm not sure what price he was told but he didn't go for it. Only see him at Uni so I'll ask him.
Fri 13/02/04 at 13:42
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
There can't be that many benefits if Microsoft are not including a hard drive as standard in the successor to the X-box. One of the arguments were it was underused by developers, and mainly used for piracy.
Fri 13/02/04 at 13:47
Regular
That's the main reason Microsoft won't be including it in XBox 2, stupid tw@ts using it for pirate games.
Fri 13/02/04 at 13:50
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> Never had a problem with my Xbox copy - so I assume so.

I don't have a problem with my Gamecube copy either.

Alastair do you have someone who has completed Zelda? Copy his save file and go through the game again on this extra mode... there isn't much difference but it'll make doing it all again far less annoying... you can do the Nintendo Gallery, wear different clothes and of course the Hylurian is now in English.
Fri 13/02/04 at 13:58
Regular
The whole Xbox setup hasn't taken off in the way I hoped. I thought the Hard Drive would be used for much better functions, they even talked about being able to download demos of new and old games at one point but they never bothered. The same goes for LIVE, they talked about all the download content on a regular basis but its turned out to be a complete joke.
Fri 13/02/04 at 14:00
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> The same goes for LIVE, they talked
> about all the download content on a regular basis but its turned out
> to be a complete joke.

Too true. By the time they've actually released downloadable content you're either bored sh**less of the game, or you've traded it in.
Fri 13/02/04 at 14:05
Regular
Splinter Cell had the best LIVE support but that was mainly because the downloadable missions were planned for the game on release but they opted to use it as LIVE content instead. Outside of that I was very disappointed with LIVE content and support. They could have ported a few of the PC Rainbow Six 3 maps but everyone waited and waited for one map that wasn't even that good.
Fri 13/02/04 at 14:07
Regular
So Alastair... what did you think of my Zelda suggestion?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.