GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why memory cards are utter toss!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/02/04 at 20:26
Regular
Just lost my 40+ hour Zelda save, Resident Evil save after completing it on all difficulties, Wave Race save and 10+ hour Eternal Darkness save all because of the bast*rd game known as Burnout 2. I can't believe this has happened, there is no way I am going back through Zelda or Eternal Darkness so I might as well lob them on Ebay in a minute. I can not believe this has happened, absolutely bollo*ks. All because some pasty faced programmer left a glitch in the game.
Wed 11/02/04 at 22:17
Regular
"That's right!"
I got my Cube today, from SR; came with an unofficial card. Everything was fine until one game said it needed formatting or it couldn't save, so it wiped my saved games (I'd been playing Mario Kart and Rebel Strike) then said it couldn't be formatted.

Need to blow 20 quid on a proper one. Bah.
Wed 11/02/04 at 22:18
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Unofficial cards are actually the culprit. They shouldn't be so crap.
Wed 11/02/04 at 22:25
Regular
"QPR 1974"
I simply cannot believe this :'(

:'(
Wed 11/02/04 at 22:27
Regular
AfroJoe wrote:
> Unofficial cards are actually the culprit. They shouldn't be so crap.

Didn't Shigsy actually warn for people to use official cards for their Zelda saves?
Wed 11/02/04 at 22:51
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I have three Game unnofficial ones, and I've never lost any data. I always keep stuff backed up though, like I have a spare memory card with all my major saves (Zelda, Mario, Skies, Melee etc.) on just in case.
Wed 11/02/04 at 23:32
Regular
jim-hat wrote:
> I simply cannot believe this :'(
>
> :'(

Another quality post for the clown amongst us...

Anyway, I am taking it back tomorrow, its happened twice since with my unofficial card and then once after I had finished the driving school on my official card. Will take it back and swap it for another pick up and play title. I just want something I can pick up and play without having to sit down and play it for a goodly while just to get into it. Not sure what to get in return mind you.
Wed 11/02/04 at 23:36
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
1080?
Wed 11/02/04 at 23:37
Regular
Not really much sticking value, wanted something that I would go back to again and again.
Wed 11/02/04 at 23:41
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Have you got an Xbox?
Wed 11/02/04 at 23:41
Regular
Sold it. Will probably get a couple of PC games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.