GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why memory cards are utter toss!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/02/04 at 20:26
Regular
Just lost my 40+ hour Zelda save, Resident Evil save after completing it on all difficulties, Wave Race save and 10+ hour Eternal Darkness save all because of the bast*rd game known as Burnout 2. I can't believe this has happened, there is no way I am going back through Zelda or Eternal Darkness so I might as well lob them on Ebay in a minute. I can not believe this has happened, absolutely bollo*ks. All because some pasty faced programmer left a glitch in the game.
Wed 11/02/04 at 20:26
Regular
Just lost my 40+ hour Zelda save, Resident Evil save after completing it on all difficulties, Wave Race save and 10+ hour Eternal Darkness save all because of the bast*rd game known as Burnout 2. I can't believe this has happened, there is no way I am going back through Zelda or Eternal Darkness so I might as well lob them on Ebay in a minute. I can not believe this has happened, absolutely bollo*ks. All because some pasty faced programmer left a glitch in the game.
Wed 11/02/04 at 20:29
Regular
Was it an official card?
Wed 11/02/04 at 20:30
Regular
Tried it on one official card that was full and one unofficial card which was empty and had the same problem with both.
Wed 11/02/04 at 20:34
Regular
That is a bti bolocks then. I've never had any problems with my official cards, although I've heard about problems with Burnout 2.

Just get a crappy £5 card for games that tend to wipe themselves (SMB, B2) and use your official one for your other games. Oh, and don't give up on Zelda and ED, they rock.
Wed 11/02/04 at 20:36
Regular
They do rock but I was two triforce pieces of the end after I had collected all treasure maps and collected all the additonal pieces in the game. I'm taking it back tomorrow, not all that impressed with it and this has really pi$$ed me off big time.
Wed 11/02/04 at 20:39
"I love yo... lamp."
I'm sorry, but I actually laughed when I read that. Poor you, I hate it when memory cards pack up. Happened on my N64. I lost a nearly finished season on NHL 99. That hurt.
Wed 11/02/04 at 20:48
Regular
"Plate of glue"
I only have unnoficial memory cards and I haven't had a poblem with them.

Yet....

:cLb
Wed 11/02/04 at 21:18
Regular
"gsybe you!"
My friend has had loads of trouble with Burnout 2 saves.

My unofficial 16mb card is purrfect.
Wed 11/02/04 at 22:07
Regular
Unlucky Ali.

:(
Wed 11/02/04 at 22:16
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I had problems with Burnout 2 as well with an unofficial memory card. Formatted all my stuff. So now I only use official. Not had any problems thusfar, and Burnout 2 is still a great game.

I was so frustrated with it at the beginning, however. Grr. Sunshine, Zelda, Pikmin, Prime, Monkey Ball 2, Conflict Desert Storm - all completed.

Psh.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.