GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why memory cards are utter toss!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/02/04 at 20:26
Regular
Just lost my 40+ hour Zelda save, Resident Evil save after completing it on all difficulties, Wave Race save and 10+ hour Eternal Darkness save all because of the bast*rd game known as Burnout 2. I can't believe this has happened, there is no way I am going back through Zelda or Eternal Darkness so I might as well lob them on Ebay in a minute. I can not believe this has happened, absolutely bollo*ks. All because some pasty faced programmer left a glitch in the game.
Fri 13/02/04 at 15:19
Regular
"8==="
Hedfix wrote:
>
> (C) ME 2004 ;D

Shhhhhh!
Fri 13/02/04 at 15:17
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> We need USB ports on consoles for memory cards, then we can backup our
> saves onto our PCs just incase the memory card screws up.
>
> (C) ME 2004 ;D

Similar is available with the Action Replay on the Xbox, Game Port on the PS2 and Game Boy Advance. Just not available for GameCube at the moment.
Fri 13/02/04 at 14:35
Regular
"8==="
We need USB ports on consoles for memory cards, then we can backup our saves onto our PCs just incase the memory card screws up.

(C) ME 2004 ;D
Fri 13/02/04 at 14:31
Regular
"8==="
Live is still in it's infancy really. With non-online games I'm happy if I get an extra level or two.

THe cheekiest game for dowloadable content has to be C:DS 2, I was expecting a new mission and what do I get? 4 new types of %^&*(£$ uniforms!!

Ghost Recon seemed to have a fair bit of DC, Rainbow 6 isn't tapped out yet I expect, Unreal 2 should get a fair few levels since it's only starting with 4 online levels!! Halo 2 will no doubt keep us all happy over the summer with a load of DC.

When a company starts to make a killing of the back of DC then others will follow suit.

As for memory cards, a load of faulty 8mb cards (bought from this very establishment) ruined any chance of me getting through Turok 2 by dying a week to ten days after I bought them. I always avoid Blaze merchandise now.
Fri 13/02/04 at 14:18
Regular
Well in ED you can play a different path... should make it a little more interesting.
Fri 13/02/04 at 14:11
Regular
Oh ye sorry, just checked and missed your post. No I don't know anyone who has completed it so it looks like a fresh start. Its a pain though as I had spent ages collecting the treasure maps andtrying to unlock everything, the same goes for Eternal Darkness. I will go back to them in a months time and will probably feel like playing them through again.
Fri 13/02/04 at 14:07
Regular
So Alastair... what did you think of my Zelda suggestion?
Fri 13/02/04 at 14:05
Regular
Splinter Cell had the best LIVE support but that was mainly because the downloadable missions were planned for the game on release but they opted to use it as LIVE content instead. Outside of that I was very disappointed with LIVE content and support. They could have ported a few of the PC Rainbow Six 3 maps but everyone waited and waited for one map that wasn't even that good.
Fri 13/02/04 at 14:00
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> The same goes for LIVE, they talked
> about all the download content on a regular basis but its turned out
> to be a complete joke.

Too true. By the time they've actually released downloadable content you're either bored sh**less of the game, or you've traded it in.
Fri 13/02/04 at 13:58
Regular
The whole Xbox setup hasn't taken off in the way I hoped. I thought the Hard Drive would be used for much better functions, they even talked about being able to download demos of new and old games at one point but they never bothered. The same goes for LIVE, they talked about all the download content on a regular basis but its turned out to be a complete joke.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.