GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best powerup featured in a game?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/08/01 at 14:58
Regular
What are your favourite powerups in a game mine has to be the tornado featured in rumble racing on the ps2.
Mon 13/08/01 at 14:14
i think the blue spiky skells in mario kart 64 has to be one of the best along with lightning bolts
Mon 13/08/01 at 13:09
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
TJ&E was a superb game!

The wacky dentist (Wa haa haa haa!) The Postboxes (Ogeboogie boogie) The hula girls (aloha...) Timeless!
Mon 13/08/01 at 12:05
Regular
i like the lightning bolt on super mario kart 64. it's probably not my bestone it's just that i can't think at thia moment.
Mon 13/08/01 at 12:00
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Golden Axe has some great powerups, but my personal favourite is probably the Super Nashram item from the shop in Xenon 2.
Mon 13/08/01 at 10:12
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I used to have TJ & E on the Sega Megadrive. I didn't rate it much but then I didn't really give it a lot of time.

With regards to 'limit breaks', I was specifically thinking of FFVII, but Golden Axe is an equally valid example, and I'm sure there are many other games where receiving damage eventually earns you a powerup.

I just can't think of many...
Mon 13/08/01 at 10:00
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Frying Pan...
Frying Pan...
Frying Pan...

Sorry....

Best power up, eh...?

Mine would have to be the Icarus Wings in Toe Jam and Earl... in fact... that game was mad... I really do hope 3 comes out soon... Gamecube Format PLEEEEEEASE!
Mon 13/08/01 at 09:55
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
I agree , the tornado in Rumble Racing is the best!
Mon 13/08/01 at 03:09
Regular
You havent lived!
Mon 13/08/01 at 03:09
No, can't say that I have
Mon 13/08/01 at 03:04
Regular
Have you actaully heard of Golden Axe?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.