GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WAS THE PLAYSTATION 2 WORTH 300 POUNDS?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/08/01 at 12:22
Regular
The hype of the PS2 made it so popular that half the nation, along with me, all booked it in advance and then sat there patientally playing on our playstation's waiting for the release. Now to start with the machine is ulgy but that is no reason to hate it, right? Well I'll get back to you on that one but the main difference was the graphics. They took gaming to the enxt level. Ok Forget the Dreamcast what did they actually do? Well obviously not a lot as they had to reduce there console price by 200 pounds as no-one was buying it. The Playstation game designers had to show the power of it and that's exactly what they did. The ingame graphics are amazing on all the games, but are they playable? The answer to that is sadly no. With the release of the original playstation we where taken to the next beyond the next level. It made games realistic and playable and that is what everyone wanted. Still it shows its power by releasing game after game which are mainly playable. The graphics got better and better as we went along and certain games were released that changed gaming overall. Take ISS Pro Evolution and Metal Gear Solid for example both with great graphics and even better gameplay. That is the thing the game designers on the PS2 have missed? But now back to the original question. Ok we get a dvd player and a console that let's you play both playstation games and playstation2 games. What could be wrong with that? And the answer to that is really nothing. The only thing that makes me hate the PS2 is that you need a playstation memory card to save playstation games. That's it. If they could make a decent game then there sales would go up. Now let's see what you think about that and by the end of today I'll probally have over 100 hate mail and a letter bomb in my post.
Sun 12/08/01 at 12:22
Regular
The hype of the PS2 made it so popular that half the nation, along with me, all booked it in advance and then sat there patientally playing on our playstation's waiting for the release. Now to start with the machine is ulgy but that is no reason to hate it, right? Well I'll get back to you on that one but the main difference was the graphics. They took gaming to the enxt level. Ok Forget the Dreamcast what did they actually do? Well obviously not a lot as they had to reduce there console price by 200 pounds as no-one was buying it. The Playstation game designers had to show the power of it and that's exactly what they did. The ingame graphics are amazing on all the games, but are they playable? The answer to that is sadly no. With the release of the original playstation we where taken to the next beyond the next level. It made games realistic and playable and that is what everyone wanted. Still it shows its power by releasing game after game which are mainly playable. The graphics got better and better as we went along and certain games were released that changed gaming overall. Take ISS Pro Evolution and Metal Gear Solid for example both with great graphics and even better gameplay. That is the thing the game designers on the PS2 have missed? But now back to the original question. Ok we get a dvd player and a console that let's you play both playstation games and playstation2 games. What could be wrong with that? And the answer to that is really nothing. The only thing that makes me hate the PS2 is that you need a playstation memory card to save playstation games. That's it. If they could make a decent game then there sales would go up. Now let's see what you think about that and by the end of today I'll probally have over 100 hate mail and a letter bomb in my post.
Sun 12/08/01 at 12:43
Regular
"Back For Good"
The Playstation 2 is now £269 and it is well worth it for a number of reasons

1) Excellent CD player with Digital output
2) Excellent DVD player
3) Plays PSX games and Enhances them
4) Best Games Console out there or a long long time
5) Soon to have broadband internet and hard drive

look, the PS2 may be alot of money but it is a ONE OFF payment to cheap excellent games, Having it PSone compatible will allow Playstation upgraders the option to sell their old console to help them afford it.

N64 owners have it rough their console cost slighty less than the PSone (i think) but the game prices are SKY HIGH and used to cost more than the flipping console was actually worth.

The Same might happen with the gamecube, no one knows how much the games are going to be but if you look the PS2 game prices their the cheapest new games have ever been and with a budget range on the way before christmas with games at £15 you definatly get your money's worth. The Playstation gave classic games at a bargain price called the platinum range and is most likely to be the same with the PS2.

The best games console out there for years to come with low price games with a CD and DVD player mmm BARGAIN!
Sun 12/08/01 at 13:36
Regular
Gamecube games have been confirmed to be $50 in the US. currency conversion into pounds would be £35. but will that happen?
Sun 12/08/01 at 13:41
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
By todays standard the PS2 is well worth the £299 price tag. Its currently at £269 but it is rumoured to go back to £299. They were shipped in cheaply but now all orders have to go from sony so it will go back to cost £299 (something like that)
The technology used in the PS2 is good and you get what you pay for, a good quality console.
Sun 12/08/01 at 13:43
Regular
they aint gonna do that, they cant put the price back up!
Sun 12/08/01 at 13:46
Regular
"Back For Good"
i very much doubt they'll put it back to £300
Sun 12/08/01 at 13:48
Regular
it was probably just a publicity stunt to try and get loads of people to buy a PS2 now thinking the price will go up in a few weeks.
Sun 12/08/01 at 20:54
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Some idiot wrote:
> WAS THE PLAYSTATION 2 WORTH 300 POUNDS?

Of course it was. What a stupid question.
Sun 12/08/01 at 22:13
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I would say also it was worth buying for £300, otherwise i would not have spent the money on it or 15 games and other things.Probally also get the hard drive.
Sun 12/08/01 at 23:42
Regular
£300? i dont think so, thats why i bought it when the price went down to £270.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.