GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"UT2004 Demo"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Unreal Tournament 2004'.
Fri 13/02/04 at 20:57
Regular
Yup. It's out.

It's about time there was an alternative to Halo. Looks like this is it, and judging from the early insight given by the 200+ MB Demo, i'd say it kicks halo's ass in almost every way.

The vehicles kick ass, and I can see some similarities between It and Halo.

Halo had the banshee, UT2k4 has the Raptor - two very similar aircraft, both with plasma style weapons and explosive secondary attacks. Heck, the wings on both craft even leave little air trails...
Halo had the Warthog, UT2k4 has the HellBender - two very similar vehicles, with a driver, gunner, and secondary gunner.
Halo had the Scorpion, UT2k4 has the Goliath. Two tanks, both with cannons and MG's.
Halo had the Ghost, UT2k4 has the Manta. Again, two hovercraft, both with light weaponry.

Ut2k4 also has the Scorpion (I think that's the name), a Buggy type car with a top-mounted turret that fires electric 'ropes', a very inventive weapon, might I add.

Thankfully, it runs just as fast as UT2k3, has a nice new-ish look to things, and has great gameplay too, in my opinion.
Unlike Halo, which was sluggish and buggy, and lacked the 'Aaahhh, having a PC is worthwhile' feeling.

As always, some nice new weapons are included, and the assault mode is back with spectacular style. It really is so VERY impressive.

I Personally think that we're looking upon a game that'll make a bigger impression than we think. Definitely worth checking out.
Sat 14/02/04 at 19:48
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Lipe wrote:
> Been on a server for about 1 hour. We were playing some level where
> you have to take control of all of these power cores. Anyway, it was
> top stuff, loved the vechiles :D So we all getting together later on
> tonight for a game?

Would 56k do?

Haha
Sat 14/02/04 at 19:47
Regular
"gsybe you!"
A...aa.a.aa....Assault?

IT'S BACK?!!!!

COME ON!
Sat 14/02/04 at 19:44
Regular
Been on a server for about 1 hour. We were playing some level where you have to take control of all of these power cores. Anyway, it was top stuff, loved the vechiles :D So we all getting together later on tonight for a game?
Sat 14/02/04 at 19:03
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Yeah, seems like a decent game, although haven't played it much yet - only got my GBA SP yesterday, so still devoting my time to that at the mo!

At 1280x1024 at max settings, game averaged 60fps, dropping to nearer 50 when things got hectic.
Sat 14/02/04 at 18:58
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Got it earlier today, very good indeed.

Can't wait. When does it come out?
Sat 14/02/04 at 18:55
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I think in the full game there will be maps set in space and will mainly focus on space combat, with ships of course, which sounds like a nice addition. And aparantly I've also heard all the mods and what not that where made for UT2003 will be compatible with 2004.
Sat 14/02/04 at 18:33
Regular
And I forgot to add, I think that it'll make the game so great if they put in some plain old Base-war kind of thing, like they've done in Onslaught with the powernodes, except there's no powernodes - just two bases with powercores.

How cool.
Sat 14/02/04 at 18:31
Regular
And if you looked on the little screen before you exit, it says there's mutators like 'vehicle arena'...

Lots and Lots and Lots of Fun!

I mean, imagine tank arena, or something. And there's a few other vehicles we haven't seen yet, so i'm waiting in extreme anxiousness for it.
Sat 14/02/04 at 17:32
Regular
LOL! Sorry, I just felt like doing that and I usually do what I feel like doing. Maybe we could all have a game on UT2004, SR PARTEH! Like we did on Halo, only this time hopefully we'll get a few more people :D
Sat 14/02/04 at 16:56
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
You spammer. Anyway, I just managed to get a bot game going somehow with one of those maps with power nodes. Good fun it was, but I had no idea what I was doing. I'll try getting me an internet game working later.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.