GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"UT2004 Demo"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Unreal Tournament 2004'.
Fri 13/02/04 at 20:57
Regular
Yup. It's out.

It's about time there was an alternative to Halo. Looks like this is it, and judging from the early insight given by the 200+ MB Demo, i'd say it kicks halo's ass in almost every way.

The vehicles kick ass, and I can see some similarities between It and Halo.

Halo had the banshee, UT2k4 has the Raptor - two very similar aircraft, both with plasma style weapons and explosive secondary attacks. Heck, the wings on both craft even leave little air trails...
Halo had the Warthog, UT2k4 has the HellBender - two very similar vehicles, with a driver, gunner, and secondary gunner.
Halo had the Scorpion, UT2k4 has the Goliath. Two tanks, both with cannons and MG's.
Halo had the Ghost, UT2k4 has the Manta. Again, two hovercraft, both with light weaponry.

Ut2k4 also has the Scorpion (I think that's the name), a Buggy type car with a top-mounted turret that fires electric 'ropes', a very inventive weapon, might I add.

Thankfully, it runs just as fast as UT2k3, has a nice new-ish look to things, and has great gameplay too, in my opinion.
Unlike Halo, which was sluggish and buggy, and lacked the 'Aaahhh, having a PC is worthwhile' feeling.

As always, some nice new weapons are included, and the assault mode is back with spectacular style. It really is so VERY impressive.

I Personally think that we're looking upon a game that'll make a bigger impression than we think. Definitely worth checking out.
Fri 20/02/04 at 09:51
Regular
Well I tried to set up a date but most people ignored it so bah to that. I'm not that crap since I'm usually 2nd or 3rd on my team.
Thu 19/02/04 at 19:44
Regular
"Teal'c"
I wanna play you people sometime.
Someone name a date and time.
Thu 19/02/04 at 14:34
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I suffer from it too.
Thu 19/02/04 at 14:30
Regular
It's called being crap :P
Thu 19/02/04 at 13:38
Regular
Hehe...I always get a low score on this game, between 10-20, I see some people with 54!! Bah...
Thu 19/02/04 at 13:18
Regular
Mind you, I'm a bit of a hog on my network. I use all the bandwidth, all the time.

Good. :P
Thu 19/02/04 at 10:27
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I was on 1Mb with nothing else going on and I was getting 80 pings plus the lag meter would be up to over 200 at times. Also the pings to the servers were 800+, it was unplayable.

Turned out to be the firewall that I use, so I disabled it and used Windows XP firewall and everything is ok. Servers are less than 30 ping with my ping being under 20.
Thu 19/02/04 at 09:49
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
UrkiE-UK wrote:
> I had lag a few times, but the fact that three other PC's are sharing
> a 512K connection kinda tells me it aint UT2k4's fault.

Yeah I know how you feel.
Thu 19/02/04 at 09:07
Regular
I had lag a few times, but the fact that three other PC's are sharing a 512K connection kinda tells me it aint UT2k4's fault.
Wed 18/02/04 at 23:26
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Its ok now. Found out the laq was due to the firewall. Playing at nice sub 20 pings :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.