GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"N64"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/02/04 at 18:53
Regular
"SOUP!"
I recently dug out the N64 that my best mate and I used to play on religiously for about 4 years. The same copy of Goldeneye and Fifa 99, and it is still just a much fun as it was back then.

Goldeneye is still THE DADDY of first person shooters, and Fifa 99 is as good as Pro Evo 3 for its playability (not graphics though). WWF No Mercy is still the best wrestling game out there, no contest, the smackdown titles dont even come close to its prowess.

I still like my PS2 but the N64 is just, well, more fun!
Sun 22/02/04 at 02:29
Regular
Halo's good when it's just you and your amtes in one level sitting shooting each otehr, because the levels are big, it's more fun.
Timesplitters 1/2 are great for having 4 players with loads of bots because the levels are so small.
Sun 22/02/04 at 02:12
Regular
"tokyo police club"
maddmun has the power.

Halo is awesome, just for messing around in multiplayer on...
Sun 22/02/04 at 02:11
Regular
I don't agree with this whole "Goldeneye is teh best" thing.
I've palyed it with my mate several times, and, it's well, sheeite.
My mate thinks it's quality, but he even aagrees that it's nowhere enar as good as Perfect Dark, Timesplitters or Halo.

It's just not that great a game anymore.
At the time yes, but not any more.
Sat 21/02/04 at 22:47
Regular
"Evil Always Wins!"
I'm playing Banjo-Tooie right now, and the only thing that annoys me is the crappy framerate. tnucs.
Sat 21/02/04 at 22:31
Regular
"tokyo police club"
GC is possibly the best console, but only retrocpect will tell me the thruth...
Sat 21/02/04 at 22:28
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
ISS98 is better than any football game around today. PES3 comes close, but ISS98 beats it. Just.

Goldeneye is still the best first person shooter around. My and my mates spent the whole of last summer playing it non-stop. Still brilliant as ever in multiplayer.

And No Mercy is indeed easily the best wrestling game. SmackDown titles don't even come close.

N64 also has loads of excellent single player titles, which is why, for me, even after all these years, it's the best games console. I love it. Really.
Sat 21/02/04 at 21:03
Regular
"SOUP!"
CGJ wrote:
> What was No Mercy like?
>
> (WWE is God)

Best. Game. Ever
Sat 21/02/04 at 21:02
Regular
"SOUP!"
Van The Man wrote:
> Fifa 99 better than Pro Evo? You're havin a laugh incha?

No, because if you learned your sovenyl ass to read I didn't actually say that!
Sat 21/02/04 at 21:01
Regular
Van The Man wrote:
>If you think about it without nos**talgia, nearly every FPS released >nowadays is better than Goldeneye, like XIII, Halo and Call of Duty.(Medal of honour sucks).

Agreed. Its those who either haven't played whats on offer or who refuse to realise that technology has moved on who will disagree. Some so called N64 classics play like sh*t when compared to other similar s**tyle games today. The only timeless console I believe in is the Snez. I can s**till play Snez games today getting as much out of them as I did back then.

When you compare Call of Duty to Goldeneye or Banjo Kazooie to Mario Sunshine there is such a massive difference that they really are difficult to class in the same league.
Sat 21/02/04 at 20:52
Regular
"Plate of glue"
What was No Mercy like?

(WWE is God)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.