GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cartoons of your youth"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/08/01 at 11:56
Regular
A great part of my memory of early youth is filled with the cartoons I used to watch. A couple of my favourites were (are) Hong Kong Phooey and Rhubard and Custard.

Anyone else care to share their favourites and remind me of any I've forgotten? I also like Magic Roundabout but that was an animation and not a cartoon.
Thu 09/08/01 at 12:56
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Yeah, but what about MASK. That rocked. I had Boulder Mountain.
Thu 09/08/01 at 12:45
Cheers Hooplah. I'll go and check out some web sites for it later.
Thu 09/08/01 at 12:44
Regular
"Bored, Bored, Bored"
Mysterious Cities of Gold was okay, it got very strange towards the end though. Aliens and stuff.
Thu 09/08/01 at 12:42
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Mysterious cities of Gold was so good. It was an actual epic. I remember when they got that big gold bird they could fly. I remember staying up until the 80 days around the world cartoon film came on at about 2 in the morning.
Thu 09/08/01 at 12:40
Regular
"Bored, Bored, Bored"
devo wrote:
> Does anyone remember a cartoon featuring Hercules, Mercury and a
> woman who could change into animals? I can't remember what it's
> called. Probably late 70s, early 80s.

Yes, it was called Space Sentinels, Hercules was strong (no!!), Mercury ran really fast, the womans name was Astria (sp).

They lived in a volcano, I seem to remember. They had a little robot called Mo as well who fancied Astria, and a big one called Sentinel One.
Thu 09/08/01 at 12:32
Does anyone remember a cartoon featuring Hercules, Mercury and a woman who could change into animals? I can't remember what it's called. Probably late 70s, early 80s.

BTW, it's Scooby Doo week on the Cartoon Network this week. We were channel surfing, started to watch a feature length recent cartoon, and it wasn't actually too bad. Keeping the Scooby spirit alive!
Thu 09/08/01 at 12:31
Regular
"Bored, Bored, Bored"
Dangermouse is a top cartoon as well.

I particularly liked Silas Greenbacks hench-crow, Stilletto

....Cee Baroni....
Thu 09/08/01 at 12:29
Regular
"Bored, Bored, Bored"
Hello Little old lady....
Thu 09/08/01 at 12:28
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
lol
Thu 09/08/01 at 12:28
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Chorton and the Wheelies anyone?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.