GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cartoons of your youth"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/08/01 at 11:56
Regular
A great part of my memory of early youth is filled with the cartoons I used to watch. A couple of my favourites were (are) Hong Kong Phooey and Rhubard and Custard.

Anyone else care to share their favourites and remind me of any I've forgotten? I also like Magic Roundabout but that was an animation and not a cartoon.
Sun 12/08/01 at 01:18
Regular
captain planet
hes a hero
gonna take pollution down to zero
hes their powers magnified..
and he fightin on the planets side
catain planet hes a hero
gonna take pollution down to zero
earth
wind
fire
water
heart

gooooo planet!
Sat 11/08/01 at 23:54
Cartoons of my youth - hmmmmm

We had cartoons far superior to the crap kids have today - I had Thundercats, Transformers, He-man (the original one), That "eyes like a hawk, speed of a puma" one, MASK, and loads of excellent series.

Oh yeah, does anyone remember the 'Lost city of gold' or whatever it was called? That was great!
Sat 11/08/01 at 19:29
This may well be before the time of many posters here (my youth was a long time ago) but my favourite childhood cartoons were The Adventures of Jonny Quest (the original not the new 'Real Adventures' retake) and The Jetsons. Not strictly cartoons but treasured memories none the less are The Saga of Noggin the Nog and Captain Pugwash.
Thu 09/08/01 at 23:05
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Mr.Snuggly wrote:
> It had nothing on Centurions. POWER EXTREME!

They should bring centurions back, the cartoon was good and the figures where brilliant. I spent many a day playing with them.

Also Visionaries, the guys that turned into animals. That was also a fine cartoon.
Thu 09/08/01 at 21:58
"possibly impossible"
Far too many cartoons to list, but Jamie and the Magic torch holds a special place in my memories.

Despite the dodgy animation and the weird sound style, it had something that no other cartoon had (and no, I don't just mean a magic helterskelter that took them to Cuckoo Land) There was a feel that the stories had been written by someone who did far too many of the wrong sort of pills during the early seventies and was only just trying to make sense of all the hallucinations he had seen at the time. #

I had a Jamie book and watched the programme religiously alongside Bagpuss and Bod. And that theme music...possibly the best cartoon theme in the world.

"Jamie, Jamie, Jamie and the magic torch...." A kind of 70's rock riff and a great bunch of lyrics. Those were the days!
Thu 09/08/01 at 19:33
This has been a good week for resurrecting cult figures. Thanks to Hooplah jogging my memory, I've been checking out web sites for 'Space Sentinels', and now have a cool 'Sentinel One' wallpaper on my PC.

It seems I'm not the only one to have forgotten the show. On 'Yesterdayland' (check out their site, it's great), there's a common thread that people thought it was a cool cartoon, but couldn't remember the name. Maybe that's what killed it prematurely? A crud title. It was made by Filmation (more famous for the He-Man cartoon), and apparently Hallmark now owns the rights to their cartoons. They are sitting on them, and doing nothing.

I've got Blackstar doing a video hunt for me. I hope they can find something......
Thu 09/08/01 at 15:20
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Cheers, Darkus! They're well funny.
Thu 09/08/01 at 14:41
Regular
"..."
TIM-MAY!! wrote:
> Thundercats outtakes? Where did you see these?

thundercats outtakes are here - well funny! - check em out

http://www.santarosa.edu/~jmead/outtake/outtake.htm
Thu 09/08/01 at 14:17
Regular
TRANSFORMERS thundercats he-man she-ra mask centurians
loads more
Thu 09/08/01 at 13:21
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
It had nothing on Centurions. POWER EXTREME!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.