GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is Viewtiful Joe coming out on PS2????"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Viewtiful Joe'.
Fri 27/02/04 at 18:40
Regular
I don't know if this is true, but according to one of my friends it is, however, I very much doubt it. Does anyone know if it is true or not?
Sat 28/02/04 at 00:16
Regular
I can't find anything on Viewtiful Joe going to the PS2. It seemed like the most unlikely out of the Capcom exclusives (aside from Resident Evil 4). Any sites with a press conference or game inormation related to a PS2 port?
Sat 28/02/04 at 00:28
Regular
Not that it matters does it other than the PS2 fans at last get to play the little gem.

I mean from Capcom's POV it'll hopefully make them some more money, PS2 fans get a top quality game and Nintendo don't need to worry too much... the fact they got the game a year in advance and an updated version in Japan means that any system VJ sells would have been a Nintendo one.
Sat 28/02/04 at 12:30
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> I can't find anything on Viewtiful Joe going to the PS2. It seemed
> like the most unlikely out of the Capcom exclusives (aside from
> Resident Evil 4). Any sites with a press conference or game
> inormation related to a PS2 port?

It was in the latest Official PS2 magazine though no official release date was printed, just that it's confirmed as on the way to the PS2.
Sat 28/02/04 at 16:59
Regular
"R-Kade 4 Life"
Viewtiful Joe was 1 of Capcom's Nintendo-only games. It will not b released on the PS2 or the X-Box.
Other titles in this list are Killer 7 and Resident Evil 0 (which is already released).
Sat 28/02/04 at 18:12
Regular
Killer 7 has been confirmed for the PS2, the only exclusive Capcom title is Resi 4.
Sat 28/02/04 at 18:44
Regular
Don't forget P.N.03 which is arguably the mosr overlooked and under rated title of this generation. Its an equal to Devil May Cry on the PS2 in every way. I have played it more or less none stop since I got it and its a truly stunning game.
Sat 28/02/04 at 19:12
Regular
Not trying to be some fan boy but surely the cube can handle it better hardware wise :S
Sat 28/02/04 at 19:14
Regular
I do feel a little hard done by with these Capcom "exclusives".

I hope that they have a little integrity and remain true to their word with Viewtiful Joe - it and the GameCube just deserve each other.

Resident Evil 4 could do wonders for Nintendo as an exclusive, with the right marketing and such like. I just hope Capcom keep it GC only.
Sat 28/02/04 at 19:15
Regular
"everyone says it"
Rickoss wrote:
> Tell your friend he's wrong. Killer 7 is, mind, I think a few months
> after the Cube version is released.

Same day release.
Sat 28/02/04 at 19:30
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> I do feel a little hard done by with these Capcom
> "exclusives".
>
> I hope that they have a little integrity and remain true to their
> word with Viewtiful Joe - it and the GameCube just deserve each
> other.

Capcom's word - none of the 5 games shown are exclusive, they are just planned for a Gamecube release using the gamecube hardware.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.