GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lost Season 6 Discussion Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/02/10 at 14:44
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
This thread is likely to contain spoilers relating to US airings of the show (aired 3 days before UK)

So the final season is upon us, with promises of all the questions from the previous 5 seasons to be answered over the next 18 episodes, I for one am greatly looking forward to what's to come.

This past week we had the 2 part season opener 'LA X I & II' and, in my opinion at least, all the hype for this season was justified. Like everyone else I had heard the rumours of cast members returning and was pleased to see how it was done by playing on the whole 'did the bomb go off or didn't it'. I'll be interested to see where they take the 'off-island' stuff over the next few episodes, it seems obvious to me that all the characters will begin interacting with each other on some level after landing in LA, maybe adding fuel to the 'destiny/fate' themes that have been knocked about in previous series. The differences of the plane to the crashed one are also interesting, no Shannon, no coffin and an additional passenger in Desmond...

On the island, it was good to finally see The Temple and the 'fountain' which healed Ben all those years ago. It's interesting to note that the water had 'changed' since Jacob died suggesting the island might now be under the control of Jacobs Rival. I have a feeling that note that was in the ankh says more than the Japanese bloke and the hippy let on... With regards to Sayid, do you think he's really alive (after everyone agreeing he was dead) or is he likely to be a 'vessel' for Jacob in the same way Locke is for JR/Man in Black/Smokie? The only argument against this is that Locke's body is still dead and separate whereas Sayid's isn't.

Also a hint at Richards origins from JR, "nice to see you out of those chains". Does that mean Richard was on the Black Rock? Or was he a slave or imprisoned for something else. I think the Black Rock is more likely based upon the start of the Season 5 finale but it's another 'wait and see' situation that I'm sure will be answered over the next 3 months.

Looking forward to next Friday!
Fri 14/05/10 at 22:25
Regular
"Mooching around"
My final theories are shaping up, nothing solid yet, but I like that feeling none-the-less.

Also, who else now got some pretty interesting ideas about Walt during that episode? :P
Fri 14/05/10 at 12:42
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
pb wrote:
> Was interesting to see more of the story of Jacob. Still not
> sure why his brother couldn't leave the Island, it seemed like
> the Smoke Monster/evil was in the cave not in him.

I think that was his 'mother' telling him that, as she seemed to favour him for taking over her role. He couldn't leave after that as he's dead.

While I really enjoyed this episode and finding out what we did, there is still so much more we need to see in the Jacob/MiB story. For example, Jacob just laid his body in a cave yet the next time we see the pair of them they are happily sitting chatting on the beach... Jacob must realise his brother can walk around (and is still p****d at him) before then, which is something I would like to see.
Thu 13/05/10 at 20:10
Regular
"Notable"
Steel Protagonist wrote:
> Yo, Just Tinka
>
> Your long lost SR bro FFF says hi

I don't believe it. Are you middle-aged yet? It's been a long, long time man.

About Lost: If this good against evil was established from the start, why has it only existed in the first and last seasons? (the reference to it in the first season is very shabby indeed...two dead bodies....a game of backgammon) That would make all the other seasons like some tangent. And thank god they did. They're by far the best episodes.
Thu 13/05/10 at 11:13
"possibly impossible"
Just realised that the background music/theme to Lost sounds a little like 'Friends' by Led Zeppelin.
Thu 13/05/10 at 10:43
"possibly impossible"
Was interesting to see more of the story of Jacob. Still not sure why his brother couldn't leave the Island, it seemed like the Smoke Monster/evil was in the cave not in him.

I know we all want things to progress further with the current islanders but I think that was important to establish a bit more of Jacob's role in things and I'm sure will be relevant to finding his successor.
Wed 12/05/10 at 19:56
Regular
That episode would've been good, had it been flashback as opposed to a full story.
Tue 11/05/10 at 14:15
"possibly impossible"
Yes, completely agree and it's not surprising considering they had it all planned from the beginning anyway.

Really looking forward to the conclusion to see where things are going. Think Hurley will play a very big role in it.
Tue 11/05/10 at 13:25
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Re-watch season 1, it was all about light vs dark, good vs evil etc. I feel that this series has got back to that and was the original aim for the show.
Mon 10/05/10 at 21:05
Regular
"Notable"
I think Jack will either sacrifice himself for the survival of the others, or fill the roll of Jacob. Desmond seems to have 'seen the light' since being frazzled. He is going about bringing every one together in the alternative reality. I can see him being the hero in both realities using his anti-frazzle gift.

Still a bit dissapointed about this whole light against dark sillyness in this season. Seasons 2-5 were genius for sure, but what a let down this whole biblical good against evil is. Charlie didn't die for this!
Mon 10/05/10 at 12:44
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Sayid nooooooooo!!

I had a feeling a lot of characters were going to get killed off, didn't realise it would all be at one time though...

I actually enjoyed this week, the series is slowly turning into a 'normal' program rather than a 'Lost' type one which, while slightly disappointing, probably means we will get a proper ending.

A few theories and thoughts after watching this week:

- Jin and Sun are dead, we saw them drown and float away. This blows my theory of them being 'Adam and Eve' out of the water (pun intended)
- I'm not sure Sayid is actually dead, in season 1 we saw Artz get blown up, we saw Illana get blown up in this season. We only saw Sayid run off and an explosion from that direction. This could probably be explained by the fact that filming an explosion in such a small place is difficult/unsafe. Also, as he was resurrected by Locke who's to say he is that easy to kill?
- We also didn't see Lapidis (sp?) die, he has been listed as a main cast member for the whole series and has done literally nothing.
- Besides, Hurley is still alive so I am fully expecting to see these characters again before the season is out, alive or otherwise.
- Where was Widmore when all this was going on? He watched Sawyer, Kate etc. get into the cage but was nowhere to be seen when smokie showed up, nor at the plane, nor when his sub got nicked and blown up (his way off the island). I'm beginning to think that he might not be on the same side as Jacob or Locke, Illana/Bram hinted as such last season (or season 4).
- Although Sayid told Jack he was The Candidate, I'm still inclined not to fully believe that yet, still waiting on a twist and it turning out to be someone else (Hurley or Kate, whom apparently isn't important, but she's still alive...)

Next week, 'Across the Sea'. Somebody going to get back in Desmonds boat perhaps?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.