GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doctor Who -Series 5 chat"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/02/10 at 15:22
"possibly impossible"
SFX has just posted the first 3 episode details from the new Doctor Who series for 2010.

Episode 1: "The Eleventh Hour" (by Steven Moffat) to be shown 3rd April 2010

Episode 2: "The Beast Below" (by Steven Moffat)

Episode 3: "Victory of the Daleks" (by Mark Gatiss)

Personally, I think Gatiss + Daleks = great episode.
Thu 22/04/10 at 13:29
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
pb wrote:
> Heh, I thought that might be easy for you. Wonder if it will
> link to a future Who story in this season though? I reckon the
> Daleks will play a big role in the whole rip in time thing and
> that Skaro may feature too.
>
> However, if Skaro can come back, so can a certain Timelord
> planet...

I didn't like the timelord comeback last season... a bit disappointing in my opinion. I hope Skaro comes back with a bang, Doctor Who and The Daleks remains one of my favourite stories of all time.

As for the Daleks playing a part in the rip in time, I wonder too.
Thu 22/04/10 at 12:00
"possibly impossible"
Heh, I thought that might be easy for you. Wonder if it will link to a future Who story in this season though? I reckon the Daleks will play a big role in the whole rip in time thing and that Skaro may feature too.

However, if Skaro can come back, so can a certain Timelord planet...
Thu 22/04/10 at 10:47
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
pb wrote:
> More news >here< on the
> forthcoming PC and Mac Doctor Who game.

Thanks for that!

> It's a Dalek story with the new Daleks. Fears over them being
> scary foes seem to have been answered as it seems they destroy
> London in 1963 (significant date, anyone?) and rebuild Skaro.

1963 there year of my mums birth AND the year the first Doctor Who was aired with William Hartnell, "An Unearthly Child". Woop woop WHO Trivia!
Thu 22/04/10 at 10:32
"possibly impossible"
More news >here< on the forthcoming PC and Mac Doctor Who game.

It's a Dalek story with the new Daleks. Fears over them being scary foes seem to have been answered as it seems they destroy London in 1963 (significant date, anyone?) and rebuild Skaro.

Sounds good. First episode free (to suck people in so they pay for the rest, no doubt).
Wed 21/04/10 at 13:50
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
Woaaah, two episodes, River Song, Weeping Angels... it maybe the coffee but I'm buzzing for this next episode now!

WHOOO IS SHEEE?!
Wed 21/04/10 at 13:18
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Two parter as well Luke, should be some good stuff. Not sure it's time to see River Song again but it adds an interesting dynamic to it all (will The Doctor let slip he saw her die etc. etc.).
Wed 21/04/10 at 12:39
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
I was still quite happy with this episode, but then again Doctor Who can never do anything wrong in my eyes. I did think the Daleks looked a bit oversized, especially for their scared and defensive personalities. The final spitfire attack somewhat felt like the Death Star trench run...

Next episode looks awesome however! I really liked the Blink episode in the third series.
Sat 17/04/10 at 21:31
Regular
Machie wrote:

> As for the new daleks, I'm not sure they needed that many
> colours, Bits of their design looked okay, but others looked
> terribly big and fisherprice looking.

Clearly setting up the merchadise line, nothing like spin-off kid's toys!
Sat 17/04/10 at 21:28
Regular
Power rangers.
Sat 17/04/10 at 20:04
Regular
Very disappointing episode which is a shame because I loved the first episode. So Garin, I strongly suggest you avoid this one completely.

I thought a lot of the acting was awful. The daleks didn't do much and they were easily scared off by spitfires. Oh and I was really put off by the Doctor acting suicidal with the jammy dodger. This is the second time he had to get someone else to save the day.

As for the new daleks, I'm not sure they needed that many colours, Bits of their design looked okay, but others looked terribly big and fisherprice looking.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.