GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doctor Who -Series 5 chat"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/02/10 at 15:22
"possibly impossible"
SFX has just posted the first 3 episode details from the new Doctor Who series for 2010.

Episode 1: "The Eleventh Hour" (by Steven Moffat) to be shown 3rd April 2010

Episode 2: "The Beast Below" (by Steven Moffat)

Episode 3: "Victory of the Daleks" (by Mark Gatiss)

Personally, I think Gatiss + Daleks = great episode.
Mon 21/06/10 at 08:47
"possibly impossible"
Indeed. Though sometimes it can be done to good effect. I think the best use was actually in the first series when Rose used the Tardis energy on the Daleks.

The Daleks have made alliances in the past, don't forget and it's feasible that they all think they can do away with every other enemy once the Doctor is gone, so I don't see a problem with an 'uneasy unholy alliance' myself.
Sun 20/06/10 at 14:28
Regular
"Mooching around"
Machie wrote:
> Isn't she Amys real life cousin? I think they met for the first
> time on the Dr Who set too.

Yep, they're related :)

> When you guys say reset do you mean start all over again as if
> everything we've watched over the last 47 years never happened?

Just the events of the finale, it's happened on nearly every finale in Doc Who, huge build up for 85 minutes then 5 minutes of pressing a button and everyone lives happily ever after usually with no one ever mentioning or sometimes even remembering anything that happened.
Sun 20/06/10 at 13:59
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
I most certainly hope so :p

I'm also sure it's been too soon since a companion was 'lost' for it to happen again.
Sun 20/06/10 at 13:40
Regular
So will Amy be in the next series?
Sun 20/06/10 at 13:29
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Not the last 47 years, the last 4-7 weeks, or at the very minimum the events of this weeks and next weeks episodes. Based on the last few series finale double-bills there is a good chance something similar will happen again.
Sun 20/06/10 at 13:22
Regular
Isn't she Amys real life cousin? I think they met for the first time on the Dr Who set too.

When you guys say reset do you mean start all over again as if everything we've watched over the last 47 years never happened?
Sun 20/06/10 at 13:17
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Discrepancy wrote:
> - The inevitable reset will come from the mind of Amelia Pond
> (possibly her younger self).

As the little girl who appeared in the opener is listed in the cast for the next episode, this is extremely likely.
Sun 20/06/10 at 13:03
Regular
"Mooching around"
Possibly the best episode I've ever seen.

I kept thinking throughout, how much an epicly poet send off the episode could've been for the Doctor Who series as a whole. The Universe's greatest victory also it's greatest loss.

Cannot wait for the next episode.

Thoughts:

- The voice... could be the Dreamlord, I still don't (want to) fully buy he was a just dream. Just please, please don't be Davros or some other rubbish villain that they fail to resurrect successfully.

- The Alliance is plausible, you forget the greatest drive in all life is to survive. Failing that, remember that there was weapon fire at the top of Stone Henge, I predict an all out war between the races in the second one after they realise they have nothing to stay allied for.

- The inevitable reset will come from the mind of Amelia Pond (possibly her younger self).
Sun 20/06/10 at 10:02
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Machie wrote:
> Oh god that was an awful episode, having all the bad guys team up
> (with the new daleks as well for christ sake) just ruins it for
> me. :¬(

I very much second this, I think I died a little inside when they all appeared together as one big happy family watching The Doctor get locked up :( Daleks and Cyberman have always been such fans of inferior races so an alliance with such species that they have tried to wipe out in the past was always on the cards I guess....

Of course there will be a reset button pb, I'm just not sure what it is, unless this whole scenario is actually in Amy's head, not just the Roman/Stonehenge/Pandora's Box 'trap'.

So how long into the episode is robot Rory going to sacrifice himself to save Amy and The Doctor? I'll give him half hour. Not sure who the voice is, to be honest I hadn't considered it until you mentioned it...
Sat 19/06/10 at 23:00
Regular
Oh god that was an awful episode, having all the bad guys team up (with the new daleks as well for christ sake) just ruins it for me. :¬( I know, I know, looking at the DS poll (97% good-excellent) it looks like I'm in the tiny minority again. It's not like I dont want to enjoy it. Maybe Garin can better explain it.

Any guesses on who the voice is though?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.