GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Innocence"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/08/01 at 16:24
Regular
Fun is why we play video games. Having a laugh playing Goldeneye or Smackdown 2. So what has changed? Video games are still fun right?

Yes but many of us have been pulled into the world of graphics chips and memory etc… What has happened to the innocence of gaming, when specs and looks never mattered and it was down to having fun? Same with Football, watching and playing is great fun but when people delve into a clubs financial situation or how a person is trained and their transfer fee’s etc…

It makes me think should this worry us? Should we care about Emotion Engines or flipper chips? Should we waste our time reading up on the amount of polygons a console can shift? Shouldn’t we spend time looking up information about games?

I know we do look into the future games but we tend to concentrate on the consoles rather than the individual games. So I decided to ignore information on the Gamecube console and I started to look at Eternal Darkness instead. I discovered much more information than I had ever read in magazines about my most anticipated game. Moments later Turbonutter was talking about how Metal Gear Solid 2 can shift 20 million polygons and I realized he has got his priorities all wrong.

I look to those innocent games players who sit around playing games; they don’t argue whose consoles the best and why. They just play games and have fun and I have been dragged into the world of Specs and disc space. Sign Innocence is bliss.

Dringo
Mon 06/08/01 at 21:58
Heh. Luckily they do then, eh?
Mon 06/08/01 at 21:32
Regular
joe_poly wrote:
> DeltaJava wrote:
> Hmm, despite being a Ninty I still haven't
> visited their website
> yet.

there's no point visiting an
> official nintendo website, there's not one for the Uk it's either
> the U.S. or the Germans!

Theres a German Nintendo website but theres no English one,
Nintendo if u didnt make amazing games then i would really hate u.
Mon 06/08/01 at 20:47
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
What do you mean, out?

Out the window?
Out of Fashion?
Available to buy?
It's been renamed to 'Out'?

Sorry....

Game: Being Stupid!
Mon 06/08/01 at 20:46
Regular
DeltaJava wrote:
> Hmm, despite being a Ninty I still haven't visited their website
> yet.

there's no point visiting an official nintendo website, there's not one for the Uk it's either the U.S. or the Germans!
Mon 06/08/01 at 20:44
Pokemon Stadium 2 is out.
Mon 06/08/01 at 20:43
Hmm, despite being a Ninty I still haven't visited their website yet.
Mon 06/08/01 at 20:35
Regular
Bonus i know nothing about specs.

When you were asking me all those questions i was on Nintendo.com reading off infomation.
Mon 06/08/01 at 20:34
Multitasking is taking place there then.
Mon 06/08/01 at 20:31
Regular
Dringo, you are one of the worst offenders of the spec syndrome, but if your gonna sit and type things into a forum you maay as well argue about something concrete rather than this, the Gamecube will beat the PS2 nonsense. You aren't exactly sitting playing your fun games while you are on the forum are you??
Mon 06/08/01 at 20:30
Nice poem, Game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.