GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Innocence"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/08/01 at 16:24
Regular
Fun is why we play video games. Having a laugh playing Goldeneye or Smackdown 2. So what has changed? Video games are still fun right?

Yes but many of us have been pulled into the world of graphics chips and memory etc… What has happened to the innocence of gaming, when specs and looks never mattered and it was down to having fun? Same with Football, watching and playing is great fun but when people delve into a clubs financial situation or how a person is trained and their transfer fee’s etc…

It makes me think should this worry us? Should we care about Emotion Engines or flipper chips? Should we waste our time reading up on the amount of polygons a console can shift? Shouldn’t we spend time looking up information about games?

I know we do look into the future games but we tend to concentrate on the consoles rather than the individual games. So I decided to ignore information on the Gamecube console and I started to look at Eternal Darkness instead. I discovered much more information than I had ever read in magazines about my most anticipated game. Moments later Turbonutter was talking about how Metal Gear Solid 2 can shift 20 million polygons and I realized he has got his priorities all wrong.

I look to those innocent games players who sit around playing games; they don’t argue whose consoles the best and why. They just play games and have fun and I have been dragged into the world of Specs and disc space. Sign Innocence is bliss.

Dringo
Tue 07/08/01 at 02:17
Regular
WHAT? We where on MSN and we were arguing about optical discs when you said:

HA MGS2 can shift 20 million pollygons take that Nintendo.
Tue 07/08/01 at 02:00
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
No, someone said the GC had better graphics. You obviously weren't following.
Tue 07/08/01 at 01:42
Regular
Yes but i didn't attack PS's Graphical capabilitites and u said that for no reason just for a cheap shot!
Tue 07/08/01 at 01:27
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Yes, and at least 50 times on the FOG but still no one understands. Sigh.
Tue 07/08/01 at 01:20
Regular
You said that on MSN.
Tue 07/08/01 at 01:03
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
No, but someone said the GameCube had better graphical capabilities than the PS2 so I put them right. The fact is, they're about the same.
Tue 07/08/01 at 00:41
Regular
Turbonutter wrote:
> Dringo, once again you have got me all wrong. I care as little about
> specs as you do, but I don't like it when I hear lies and unfounded
> rumors in the forums (mainly Nintendo) and I put them straight. I
> get uptight about it sometimes because a lot of people here are
> ignorant of the facts and only believe what they want to believe.

So the Metal Gear Solid can shift 20 million plygons HA was all in my mind?
Tue 07/08/01 at 00:35
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
DeltaJava wrote:
> Hmm, despite being a Ninty I still haven't visited their website
> yet.

Don't bother, it's all corporate BS, much like Sony's, Sega's and te Xbox's.
Tue 07/08/01 at 00:33
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Dringo, once again you have got me all wrong. I care as little about specs as you do, but I don't like it when I hear lies and unfounded rumors in the forums (mainly Nintendo) and I put them straight. I get uptight about it sometimes because a lot of people here are ignorant of the facts and only believe what they want to believe.
Mon 06/08/01 at 23:40
Regular
TILTAWHIRL wrote:

Theres a German Nintendo website but theres no
> English one,
Nintendo if u didnt make amazing games then i would
> really hate u.

Theres a cheap european one but Nintendo UK are busy with GBA and GC to do one but apparently they will.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.