GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Innocence"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/08/01 at 16:24
Regular
Fun is why we play video games. Having a laugh playing Goldeneye or Smackdown 2. So what has changed? Video games are still fun right?

Yes but many of us have been pulled into the world of graphics chips and memory etc… What has happened to the innocence of gaming, when specs and looks never mattered and it was down to having fun? Same with Football, watching and playing is great fun but when people delve into a clubs financial situation or how a person is trained and their transfer fee’s etc…

It makes me think should this worry us? Should we care about Emotion Engines or flipper chips? Should we waste our time reading up on the amount of polygons a console can shift? Shouldn’t we spend time looking up information about games?

I know we do look into the future games but we tend to concentrate on the consoles rather than the individual games. So I decided to ignore information on the Gamecube console and I started to look at Eternal Darkness instead. I discovered much more information than I had ever read in magazines about my most anticipated game. Moments later Turbonutter was talking about how Metal Gear Solid 2 can shift 20 million polygons and I realized he has got his priorities all wrong.

I look to those innocent games players who sit around playing games; they don’t argue whose consoles the best and why. They just play games and have fun and I have been dragged into the world of Specs and disc space. Sign Innocence is bliss.

Dringo
Wed 08/08/01 at 01:05
Regular
He didn't end an argument he reinforced my point and GAMECUBE rules.
Tue 07/08/01 at 11:54
Regular
"not dead"
Turbonutter wrote:
> BTW Meka, can you not put "GameCube" in capitals. I know
> Nintendo prefer it but it's really bugging me. Thanks.

Well I'll try, but I'm kind of in the habit of doing it now!
Tue 07/08/01 at 11:53
Regular
Turbonutter wrote:
> BTW Meka, can you not put "GameCube" in capitals. I know
> Nintendo prefer it but it's really bugging me. Thanks.

Hehe.......why should Meka not put the GAMECUBE in cpaitals. If thats howNintendo want it thats how the GAMECUBEs name will be written.

(;o|
Tue 07/08/01 at 11:28
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
BTW Meka, can you not put "GameCube" in capitals. I know Nintendo prefer it but it's really bugging me. Thanks.
Tue 07/08/01 at 10:37
Regular
"not dead"
Turbonutter wrote:
> Agent Meka, slinking in like a stealth assasin before dawn (well,
> before work) Before work? No, I've been here since 7:20!

> What a git!

Yep. Ruining all of the fun!
Tue 07/08/01 at 10:34
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Agent Meka, slinking in like a stealth assasin before dawn (well, before work) to end all arguments with a tap on the keyboard.

What a git!
Tue 07/08/01 at 08:32
Regular
"not dead"
That's right Dringo, look at the games not the specs.

What's the point in buying the most powerful console, if no games appeal to you?

Likewise if it's the most powerful console that has the games for you, buy that one.

Of course, it does make sense to be a little spec-aware. You don't want to be tricked into buying something that won't do what you want it to - but that's more relevant to PC's than consoles.

I've glanced at the specs of the consoles, and they're really all quite similar. Different arcitechure, so we won't know how they compare until we see them running similar games. So why bother?

The only factor I've considered is the games that are coming to the consoles, and the games coming to the GAMECUBE are the games that appeal to me.
Tue 07/08/01 at 02:35
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I don't think so. I don't remember doing it and I don't know why I would have.
Tue 07/08/01 at 02:31
Regular
You probably did but you also said it on MSN.
Tue 07/08/01 at 02:29
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
You're messed up. I said that on the Nintendo forum. Go check.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.