GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Innocence"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/08/01 at 16:24
Regular
Fun is why we play video games. Having a laugh playing Goldeneye or Smackdown 2. So what has changed? Video games are still fun right?

Yes but many of us have been pulled into the world of graphics chips and memory etc… What has happened to the innocence of gaming, when specs and looks never mattered and it was down to having fun? Same with Football, watching and playing is great fun but when people delve into a clubs financial situation or how a person is trained and their transfer fee’s etc…

It makes me think should this worry us? Should we care about Emotion Engines or flipper chips? Should we waste our time reading up on the amount of polygons a console can shift? Shouldn’t we spend time looking up information about games?

I know we do look into the future games but we tend to concentrate on the consoles rather than the individual games. So I decided to ignore information on the Gamecube console and I started to look at Eternal Darkness instead. I discovered much more information than I had ever read in magazines about my most anticipated game. Moments later Turbonutter was talking about how Metal Gear Solid 2 can shift 20 million polygons and I realized he has got his priorities all wrong.

I look to those innocent games players who sit around playing games; they don’t argue whose consoles the best and why. They just play games and have fun and I have been dragged into the world of Specs and disc space. Sign Innocence is bliss.

Dringo
Mon 06/08/01 at 16:24
Regular
Fun is why we play video games. Having a laugh playing Goldeneye or Smackdown 2. So what has changed? Video games are still fun right?

Yes but many of us have been pulled into the world of graphics chips and memory etc… What has happened to the innocence of gaming, when specs and looks never mattered and it was down to having fun? Same with Football, watching and playing is great fun but when people delve into a clubs financial situation or how a person is trained and their transfer fee’s etc…

It makes me think should this worry us? Should we care about Emotion Engines or flipper chips? Should we waste our time reading up on the amount of polygons a console can shift? Shouldn’t we spend time looking up information about games?

I know we do look into the future games but we tend to concentrate on the consoles rather than the individual games. So I decided to ignore information on the Gamecube console and I started to look at Eternal Darkness instead. I discovered much more information than I had ever read in magazines about my most anticipated game. Moments later Turbonutter was talking about how Metal Gear Solid 2 can shift 20 million polygons and I realized he has got his priorities all wrong.

I look to those innocent games players who sit around playing games; they don’t argue whose consoles the best and why. They just play games and have fun and I have been dragged into the world of Specs and disc space. Sign Innocence is bliss.

Dringo
Mon 06/08/01 at 16:44
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Oh F----iddlesticks!

I just posted a same kinda post in another topic, but yours is better.

Bum.
Mon 06/08/01 at 16:45
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
:)
Mon 06/08/01 at 18:54
Regular
"Back For Good"
I think

Nintendo have kept the just for fun and to pass the time appeal.

Sega make some fantastic arcade games.

Sony make games for the heavy mature gamers.

Microsoft mmm can't comment, but microsoft monster truck madness was fair good all them years ago.
Mon 06/08/01 at 19:07
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I hate people who go on about RAM,
They haven't got a clue, they're as thick as spam,
They moan and cry that their console is faster
and if they don't shut up their leg will be in plaster...

I mean what's the point is going on
neither console will have won
if people like them moan and groan,
cause all the developers will just go home...

I'll finish this rhyme with my CD playing
and those technical losers better start praying
because the casual gamers will arrive
with eggs and flour at their drive
and if they don't shut up soon
i'll hit them with.... a spoon!

So there.... :P :D

Game
Mon 06/08/01 at 19:11
Regular
Ö~ Res€vilfan ~Ö wrote:
> I think

Nintendo have kept the just for fun and to pass the time
> appeal.

I would say that Nintendo in depth adventures that appeal to all ages,
Mon 06/08/01 at 20:22
Regular
I agree Zelda want a play and go game.
Mon 06/08/01 at 20:30
Nice poem, Game.
Mon 06/08/01 at 20:31
Regular
Dringo, you are one of the worst offenders of the spec syndrome, but if your gonna sit and type things into a forum you maay as well argue about something concrete rather than this, the Gamecube will beat the PS2 nonsense. You aren't exactly sitting playing your fun games while you are on the forum are you??
Mon 06/08/01 at 20:34
Multitasking is taking place there then.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.