GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox will shrivel and die"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/08/01 at 17:34
Regular
I don't think that I'm the only person that is adamant that the Xbox will probably be the biggest flop ever in the history of console gaming. The have got no really exciteable games, as most are either PC conversions, on other consoles as well, or made by some unknown foreign developer, whos greatest title is Ultra pinball chess or similar. Anyone who is looking forward to the Xbox must be shot. Does anyone disagree?
Sun 05/08/01 at 17:34
Regular
"who da man???"
I don't think that I'm the only person that is adamant that the Xbox will probably be the biggest flop ever in the history of console gaming. The have got no really exciteable games, as most are either PC conversions, on other consoles as well, or made by some unknown foreign developer, whos greatest title is Ultra pinball chess or similar. Anyone who is looking forward to the Xbox must be shot. Does anyone disagree?
Sun 05/08/01 at 17:35
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Yes
Sun 05/08/01 at 17:38
Regular
"who da man???"
Why do you disagree? Microsoft has never done consoles before, and hopefully never will do again.
Sun 05/08/01 at 17:40
Regular
Sony hadn't done a console before the PSX, and look what happened there.

The XBox has the largest list of developers for any console, ever, so games won't be a problem
Sun 05/08/01 at 17:41
Regular
"who da man???"
Yes, but Sony had original games as firepower. Xbox?? Nope
Sun 05/08/01 at 17:49
Regular
Well, that last post of yours blatantly shows you know nothing.

Microsoft have bought a couple of companies to make sure the XBox does have original games, and that they'll be exclusives.

Go away before you embarass yourself some more.
Sun 05/08/01 at 18:34
Regular
X-Box Games (in production or complete)
4x4 Evolution 2
Air Force Delta Storm
Amped Freestyle Snowboarding
Arctic Thunder (Original)
Azurik: Rise of Perathia (Original)
Bloodwake (Original)
Dead or Alive 3
Fuzion Frenzy (Original)
Halo (Original)
Loons The Fight for Fame (Original)
Mad Dash Racing (Original)
Malice (Original)
NASCAR Heat
New Legends (Original)
NFL Fever 2002
NHL Hitz 20-02
Nightcaster (Original)
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysey
Project Gotham Racing (Original)
Shrek
Star Wars: Obi Wan
Test Drive
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (Original)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2x

Note: HALF of the whole list is original games, never seen before on other consoles.

Developers (With games due 2001/2)

GODGames, Konami, Microsoft, Midway, Tecmo, Infogrames, Eidos, Argonaut, THQ, TDK Mediactive, Lucas Arts Entertainment, Bethesda.

Not to mention Capcom, Sega, Acclaim, Activision, Codemasters, Crave, Electronic Arts, Fox, Interplay, Rage, Namco, Sierra Online, Take 2 and Ubisoft.
In fact, EVERY developer short of just one or two that used to develop games for the Dreamcast is now in some way connected with developing games for the X-Box, plus many more that never used to develop for the Dreamcast have gone to X-Box now.

The biggest draw is of course Sega, the Dreamcast userbase will be eager to get hold of an X-Box to replace their 128-bit console when the games finally dry up for it.

Then you've got financial backing, Bill Gates owning half the world helps a bit there, if Sony or Nintendo get too big as competition he could always buy them out and shut them down if they got in his way. (Subject to the Monopolies and Mergers giving approval of course, which wouldn't happen).

Then you've got specs. On paper, the X-Box destroys any of the next gen consoles, but of course the proof of the power is in the playing, and I'll let you know how I get on when I've tested mine out around Easter next year.
Sun 05/08/01 at 18:44
Regular
Don't forget "Crazy Taxi Next" - the main reason I'm buying an XBox.
Sun 05/08/01 at 18:48
Regular
"Randomly Appearing"
FantasyMeister wrote:
X-Box Games (in production or complete)
4x4 Evolution 2
Air Force Delta Storm
Amped Freestyle Snowboarding
Arctic Thunder (Original)
Azurik: Rise of Perathia (Original)
Bloodwake (Original)
Dead or Alive 3
Fuzion Frenzy (Original)
Halo (Original)
Loons The Fight for Fame (Original)
Mad Dash Racing(Original)
Malice (Original)
NASCAR Heat
New Legends (Original)
NFL Fever 2002
NHL Hitz 20-02
Nightcaster (Original)
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysey
Project Gotham Racing (Original)
Shrek
Star Wars: Obi Wan
Test Drive
The Elder Scrolls
III: Morrowind (Original)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2x

Corrections:
Oddworld: Munches Oddysey
Dead or Alive (no number)
Jet Set Radio: Future
Sun 05/08/01 at 19:15
Regular
DanDaGr8 wrote:
Corrections:
Oddworld: Munches Oddysey
Dead or Alive (no
> number)
Jet Set Radio: Future

The word 'picky' comes to mind here...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.