GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My most Anticipated game...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Resident Evil 4'.
Wed 17/03/04 at 16:51
Regular
Nope not MEtroid Prime 2, Wind Waker 2, Mario 128, Geist (it was), Killer 7 or Animal Crossing 2...

[URL]http://cube.ign.com/articles/499/499572p1.html[/URL]
Wed 17/03/04 at 21:50
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Dringo wrote:
>
>
> But yes Lisa Trevor in the remake made it all worthwhile.

Lurching freak thing with no real definable upper body, shrieks and tentacles?

*whimpers with remembered fear*
Wed 17/03/04 at 21:53
Regular
The shark tank had to take the cake though, funking well freaky when it kept banging into the glass trying to smash it and then when you drained it and went over to the far end to de-activate the door lock... Scared the testicles out of my sack.
Wed 17/03/04 at 21:57
Regular
The only part of REremake that scared me were the crimson heads....

RECV scared me more mainly because those spiders seemed far more evil and i hate spiders... I cringe every time they appear in the game.

The snake looked funky in the remake.
Wed 17/03/04 at 22:03
Regular
"Teal'c"
Jap on the left: "Geeks"

[URL]http://media.cube.ign.com/media/015/015821/img_1623851.html[/URL]
Wed 17/03/04 at 22:05
Regular
Dringo wrote:

> They do have the money to do it...

They have the money to make a new console, but not just for the sake of staying in the console race. They need to carry on with a solid budget plan rather than throw money at promoting a new console when they haven't finished with the last one.

> what they need to do is find a new
> innovative idea and capitalise on it if they want to over come their
> competitors.

That's the thing. I doubt that the N5 will have anything that innoative, and they seem to be rushing to keep up with MS and Sony who can just pile money in and throw in loads of features at a loss.

> That's why there is no online service or DVD player... these are
> extras Sony and Microsoft are literally paying for to keep interest
> in their machine... Nintendo are trying to compete with them by
> coming up with something different... not matching them like we think
> they should.

I think that Nintendo should go one further and ignore the Xbox2 and PS3 because these machines will barely impress gamers because they will offer little more than improved graphics and more features outside gaming.
The only real step forward will be the standardisation of online play.

> Hopefully the DS will give us a hint of what is to come.

Maybe. Going wireless sounds promising but what will the N5 offer that will make punters want to splash out on a whole new console.
They should leave it until there's nothing left they can do with the Gamecube. By then they will have collected a HUGE amount of idea's and innovations and technology will have moved a decent step.
That way, when the new Nintendo came out, there would be a more noticable improvement.

What's more, if they keep up the Gamecube as an alternative budget console, it'll find it's way into everyone's homes eventually, and that will grab more fans for the next generation than ANY amount of advertising will.
Wed 17/03/04 at 22:54
Regular
The N5 is backwards compatitble though...

Nintendo have lots of money, not in Microsoft or Sony's millions... but Nintendo make more money than they do from the gaming industry.

As for the next console, if we get a touch screen in built screen to the controller... a load of wireless stuff.... and lots of nice new innovative touches then I feel it'll be a worthwhile project to buy into.
Wed 17/03/04 at 22:55
Regular
I just hope they don't compress the audio like they have done with the majority of Cube games. I would like to see a Dolby Digital/DTS support which games like Resident Evil, Eternal Darkness, Metroid etc would thrive on.
Wed 17/03/04 at 22:58
Regular
By compress I mean the developers have compressed audio sections down to stereo quality so they can get it all on one Cube disc. Some go all the way with Pro Logic 2 support but most just go with 2 channel stereo/Mono which is pants to be honest. The Cube has the processing power to handle Dolby Digital which is something the PS2 didn't which is why it only had it in a select few games and mainly in cut scenes. Its not everyones idea of improvement but I would love to play a Resi game with some awesome surround sound.
Wed 17/03/04 at 23:09
Regular
Stereo sound isn't bad.

You can still create quite an atmosphere on a 16" mono-TV, for example, which is what I play my games on.
Wed 17/03/04 at 23:12
Regular
Its bad when you have a Dolby Digital system and when you know how awesome games sound in 5.1/DTS. Stereo sounds crap in comparison. Don't know how my TV will fair as its got Virtual Dolby which could be interesting as at the moment I am getting sick of Pro Logic, does my head in on games like P.N.03 as everything just comes out with any direction or control. Nintendo will surely go with Optical input this time around.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.