GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My most Anticipated game...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Resident Evil 4'.
Wed 17/03/04 at 16:51
Regular
Nope not MEtroid Prime 2, Wind Waker 2, Mario 128, Geist (it was), Killer 7 or Animal Crossing 2...

[URL]http://cube.ign.com/articles/499/499572p1.html[/URL]
Fri 19/03/04 at 22:32
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Ah but games like Too Human, Pilotwings and Mario 128... games that
> have taken ages to create have been rumoured as an N5 release.
>
> What I mean is come next year... RE4 is released... the gaming market
> is doing well... By summer (or september) 2005 Nintendo cut the price
> of the Cube to £50-60... the console literally leaps off the
> shelves... then come March 2006 (lets say) they launch the N5...
> Nintendo's brand name has risen... sales rise.

That's how they'll have to do it now, but leaving the Gamecube budget for 2 years WITHOUT an N5 on the horizon would've made it a must have for gamers everywhere, because it would be cheap, but not dead or obselete.

But yeah, they can still make good with the Gamecube as an N5 advert.
Fri 19/03/04 at 15:23
Regular
Have you ever read a poem by emily dickinson? She puts "-" in all of her poems... no one knows shy she just does. I can sympathise because i always put '...' to indicate a thought process, I do it all the time it's an addiction.

It isn't what '...' means but it is what I use it for... the best writers make punctuation mean different things to fit their style of writing.

I will continue to use ... because I love it so.

So neh...
Fri 19/03/04 at 13:56
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Stop with the '.....'. It's almost as bad as Solskjaer and his 'apostrophes around every "phrase" condition'

:)
Fri 19/03/04 at 12:55
Regular
Ah but games like Too Human, Pilotwings and Mario 128... games that have taken ages to create have been rumoured as an N5 release.

What I mean is come next year... RE4 is released... the gaming market is doing well... By summer (or september) 2005 Nintendo cut the price of the Cube to £50-60... the console literally leaps off the shelves... then come March 2006 (lets say) they launch the N5... Nintendo's brand name has risen... sales rise.
Fri 19/03/04 at 01:50
Regular
The thing is, the N5 would make the Gamecube seem obselete, and Nintendo would focus all their efforts on the N5, perhaps releasing the odd GC game.
Also, keeping on the GC would allow the N5 time to devellop - it's special features could be available from day one, rather than years into release.

It showed that almost all of the Gamecube launch games had been rushed somewhat.
Thu 18/03/04 at 21:49
Regular
Hype beings E3 2004.

Trust me Stafio if GBA-GC connectivity games weren't so expensive the idea would rule. Having it a standard really does rule.

Look at the price of the GC now, don't you think the console could be £60 with a game... get the console in peoples homes and STILL release the N5 alongside their rivals.
Thu 18/03/04 at 17:32
Regular
Personally, I can't get excited about Metroid Prime 2, Wind Waker 2, Geist, Mario 128 or Animal Crossing 2 until I hear more about them. And they're all pencilled in for a 2004 release.

C'mon Nintendo, where's the hype?
Thu 18/03/04 at 16:07
Regular
That's what I thought he was gonna say.

Still, Resident Evil 4 does sound fookin' amazing. Will definately have to get it...
Thu 18/03/04 at 13:34
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Dringo wrote:
"Nope not MEtroid Prime 2, Wind Waker 2, Mario 128, Geist (it was), Killer 7 or Animal Crossing 2..."
-----

What about Harvet Moon: A Wonderful Life, then?

:)
Thu 18/03/04 at 12:40
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> The N5 is backwards compatitble though...

I know. But the N5 will be a NEW console and priced accordingly.
People will have to choose EITHER an N5 or their Xbox or Playstation, and Nintendo don't have enough "street cred" for that.

BUT, if the Gamecube was just kept as a budget console, it would be so cheap that gamers could be encouraged to buy one AS WELL.
Infact, in the 3 up and coming months to the PS3/Xbox2 launch, Nintendo could do this huge "something to do while you're waiting" campaign to seduce impatient games fans.

I know how tempted I was by the Dreamcast during the year before the Gamecube launch. If it had gone down to £50 with a game, it would've sold BUCKET loads.

That would get Nintendo into people homes.

After a couple of years, THEN the N5 could come out, by which time Nintendo would have had time to perfectly refine their innoative features and the gaming world would be truly thirsting for the next generation Mario/Zelda/Metroid because they all got aquainted with them on the cheap Gamecube.

It would be the most profitable advertising campaign EVER! :-)

> Nintendo have lots of money, not in Microsoft or Sony's millions...
> but Nintendo make more money than they do from the gaming industry.

But this tactic that MS and Sony are using requires them to throw fortunes at their console. Nintendo make more money because they use the more subtle, more steady, more profitable appraoch.

If they keep up with MS and Sony for the sake of it, the WILL fall down.

> As for the next console, if we get a touch screen in built screen to
> the controller... a load of wireless stuff.... and lots of nice new
> innovative touches then I feel it'll be a worthwhile project to buy
> into.

Touch screen and wireless wouldn't sell it to me.
Infact, I'd rather it didn't have those features and knocked £10 off the controllers instead.

Originality for the sake of originality doesn't work.
They've got to be good, useful, worthwhile features that people will actually find practical.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.