GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Getting an Xbox...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/03/04 at 14:35
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
Can someone tell me the best games for the system, aswell as which ones allow you to play your own music.
At the moment my top ones are Jet Set,Amped 2,and PGR2.
I only know of being able to play your own music in Amped, what are the rest?
Sun 28/03/04 at 15:54
Regular
Top five exclusives:

1. Project Gotham Racing 2
2. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
3. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Game of the Year Edition
4. Deus Ex 2: Invisible War
5. Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

Plus, if you can get it, Xbox Live is good fun.

On the non-exclusive side, the GTA Double Pack is worth serious consideration - two great games for the price of one - and Splinter Cell 2: Pandora Tomorrow is excellent.
Sun 28/03/04 at 15:54
Regular
": ("
No you dont need a router, a router just allows you to go on the internet (on your PC) and go on Xbox Live both at the same time. How much are you planning on spending, TELL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sun 28/03/04 at 15:53
Regular
It depends how much he has, how much do you have?
Sun 28/03/04 at 15:52
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
So, do you need a router?
Sun 28/03/04 at 15:52
Regular
Has anyone else noticed that, if you convince one of your friends to join Xbox Live before 31st March you get a free game.
Sun 28/03/04 at 15:51
"I love yo... lamp."
Wow... cool it there Cwazy!

Let him buy some games first, so that he can play them. No point in spending loads on Live, possibly a network card or router or whatever and then not having the games!

If you ever do need any information on setting up Live Syphonical, either post here, or have a look for some old topics. I've written about it on more than one occasion, and in considerable depth as well.
Sun 28/03/04 at 15:48
Regular
Yeah Biggles, Xbox Live is simple but for some reason it couldn't auto detect my MAC address, dont matter though as its still simple.....well compared to the PS2 anyway.
Sun 28/03/04 at 15:48
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
No, I don't have a router then
Sun 28/03/04 at 15:46
Regular
Unfortunately i haven't got a router but it dont really bother me.
When buying a Xbox you should buy Xbox Live before buying any games, how much have you got to spend?
Sun 28/03/04 at 15:46
"I love yo... lamp."
Syphonical wrote:
> I think I have a router, still not sure though

It would be a box that has a cable from it to the PC and one into the back of it from the phone line.

It would also have more ports to allow you to connect up more computers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.