GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Splinter Cell 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow'.
Tue 30/03/04 at 03:34
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
No idea what multiplayer is like, because I grew bored of that rubbish years ago on the PC, and playing against headset wearing kids really doesn't appeal.

However - the single player game is absolutely fantastic.
A definite improvement over the original in terms of graphics and certainly in gameplay.
Remember in the 1st how those poxy wall-lights, the tiny bulbs would take a few shots even though you were lined up perfecto? Not any more, even if you don't use the laser sight supplied.
The AI that meant gaurds on the other end of a level knew you had killed somebody way back and alarms went off? Nope.
Just good solid stealth action. And none of your MGS2 crap either.
Because despite the hype, what was that game?
"Check radar, wait, shoot and stuff in locker. Repeat" with endless cut scenes, fixed cameras and preachy moralising (although the politics of this game are slightly suspect to say the least...crush East Timoor Rebels? Er...)

There is much to be said for silently creeping along a darkened corridor, climbing onto a pipe and shimmying across, hanging from your feet and shooting a baddie upside down.

However, I've reached the Indonesia Jungle levels and...oh yes.
Amazing graphics, really puts you in the atmosphere with tall grass that bends and folds as you duck-walk through it, simply incredible. The mist and light effect would do Ridley Scott proud and there's something immensely satisfying about popping up, shooting somebody in the head and ducking back into the pampas grass before anybody knows what's what.
If you wanted MGS2 to be immersive stealth with the minutiae all in place and were left bored with another cut-scene as you walked through a door or simply grew weary of hiding in lockers for radars to go back to normal then pick up Splinter Cell 2.
It's worth it just for the jungle levels alone. Oh, and the train level. And Jeruselam is good fun.

Deus Ex 2 is a bit rubbish though, it has to be said.
Wed 07/04/04 at 22:38
Regular
Just playing it at the moment. Simple things like being able to open doors whilst holding bodies and the swat turn just make it all the more enjoyable and realistic to play.
Wed 07/04/04 at 22:36
Regular
"tokyo police club"
The second has been more entertaining than the first, in my opinion.
Wed 07/04/04 at 22:28
Regular
Absolutely loving the single player. More refined and polished than the first and the whole feel of it is better. This and Twin Snakes in the space of a couple of weeks, not bad going for an industry which never fails to surprise me with ridiculous amounts of sh*te.
Wed 07/04/04 at 22:22
Regular
"Touched!"
I have noticed that optimatch and quickmatch always show the same games so It doesn't matter which one you select, as for hardly anyone online, well that could be one of two things - one - there seems to be a bug/flaw where if you have a friend in the game and its only you two left in the lobby no one can see your game! it's a lame bug and I know its there as my mate looked for my game and it wasn't there (we were in the same room at my house at the time testing the bug) or it could be that due to this bug they are not showing up or because it's four player most games are full thus not being listed.
Wed 07/04/04 at 18:07
Regular
": ("
SCPT is great but theres a couple of things that put me off:

1. Online it is very hard to find a game and the Optimatch is confusing.

2. Its very un-popular, everytime i go online there are only about 4 games availiable it makes me feel...lonely.

I think theres something im not understanding about the Optimatch, like this morning i searched for a game (using optimatch) and it came up with 4 games:

Cinema
Cinema
Warehouse
Vertigo

I then pressed B to go back to the menu, i went on optimatch again and it came up with about 5 games which were totally different to the games above, im confused.
Wed 07/04/04 at 07:28
Regular
"BOSE"
i think Pandora Tommorow is better. 2 years later? it's more realistic and all that. anyone else notice that the pistol has infra-red sight on it? where you point the red light is what you hit. come people crap themselfs!
Wed 07/04/04 at 00:50
Regular
Am I alone when I say I think the sinlgle player in Splinter Cell was better than Pandorra Tomorrow?

Not saying Pandorra's bad in single player, just seems more effort went into the original single player campaign to me.
Tue 06/04/04 at 20:50
Regular
"8==="
Yes but most people have a higher lower age limit.
Tue 06/04/04 at 20:49
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Hedfix wrote:
> You like them young. :S

Don't we all?

Tue 06/04/04 at 20:38
Regular
"8==="
Goatboy wrote:
>
> [URL]http://nastystart.org/images/news/quote10022003.jpg[/URL]

You like them young. :S

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.