GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Splinter Cell 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow'.
Tue 30/03/04 at 03:34
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
No idea what multiplayer is like, because I grew bored of that rubbish years ago on the PC, and playing against headset wearing kids really doesn't appeal.

However - the single player game is absolutely fantastic.
A definite improvement over the original in terms of graphics and certainly in gameplay.
Remember in the 1st how those poxy wall-lights, the tiny bulbs would take a few shots even though you were lined up perfecto? Not any more, even if you don't use the laser sight supplied.
The AI that meant gaurds on the other end of a level knew you had killed somebody way back and alarms went off? Nope.
Just good solid stealth action. And none of your MGS2 crap either.
Because despite the hype, what was that game?
"Check radar, wait, shoot and stuff in locker. Repeat" with endless cut scenes, fixed cameras and preachy moralising (although the politics of this game are slightly suspect to say the least...crush East Timoor Rebels? Er...)

There is much to be said for silently creeping along a darkened corridor, climbing onto a pipe and shimmying across, hanging from your feet and shooting a baddie upside down.

However, I've reached the Indonesia Jungle levels and...oh yes.
Amazing graphics, really puts you in the atmosphere with tall grass that bends and folds as you duck-walk through it, simply incredible. The mist and light effect would do Ridley Scott proud and there's something immensely satisfying about popping up, shooting somebody in the head and ducking back into the pampas grass before anybody knows what's what.
If you wanted MGS2 to be immersive stealth with the minutiae all in place and were left bored with another cut-scene as you walked through a door or simply grew weary of hiding in lockers for radars to go back to normal then pick up Splinter Cell 2.
It's worth it just for the jungle levels alone. Oh, and the train level. And Jeruselam is good fun.

Deus Ex 2 is a bit rubbish though, it has to be said.
Thu 15/04/04 at 18:25
Regular
"object"
I heard that splinter cell looks beter on XBOX than PS 2 but the PS 2 version has another level because it was released later
Thu 08/04/04 at 18:46
Regular
"BOSE"
Stridman™ wrote:
> Im at the part where you save that bald headed guy ( Hitman, i think
> ).
> When i get to the stairs i look down and theres about 4 guards (one
> stamding up and the others sitting down. And i tried killing the guy
> down the long corridor before going downstairs but he keeps killing
> me.

i can help you, but what level is this? i'm confused...
Thu 08/04/04 at 16:46
Regular
": ("
Whats all this news about two new Ubisoft games?
Aren't they going to fast?
Thu 08/04/04 at 15:14
"I love yo... lamp."
Stridman™ wrote:
> mattributé wrote:
> I might have a new game this time tomorrow, but I might try out some
> more Splinter Cell tomorrow, i I don't decided to trade it.
>
> For some reason i found that very hard to understand.......

i = if. "if I don't decided to trade it." Also ignore the random d on the end of decided.
Thu 08/04/04 at 15:14
"I love yo... lamp."
tribbers: the only legally enforcable age ratings are the BBFC ones, like on videos. ELPSA ratings are not legally enforcable, so just don't volunteer to be under their jurisdiction. True you know.

Or order it from SR. They won't check. Game don't either, which is why 10 million 12 year olds have GTA3.
Thu 08/04/04 at 11:21
Regular
mattributé wrote:
> I might have a new game this time tomorrow, but I might try out some
> more Splinter Cell tomorrow, i I don't decided to trade it.

For some reason i found that very hard to understand.......
Thu 08/04/04 at 11:20
Regular
Im at the part where you save that bald headed guy ( Hitman, i think ).
When i get to the stairs i look down and theres about 4 guards (one stamding up and the others sitting down. And i tried killing the guy down the long corridor before going downstairs but he keeps killing me.
Wed 07/04/04 at 23:18
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I might have a new game this time tomorrow, but I might try out some more Splinter Cell tomorrow, i I don't decided to trade it.
Wed 07/04/04 at 23:16
Regular
Heh!

I gotta hit the sack, in work for 8:00am tomorrow but will be done until Tuesday then. I will be on LIVE tomorrow evening on either Midtown Madness or Splinter Cell if you are up for a bash.
Wed 07/04/04 at 23:15
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I have a Gamestation credit note for £1.21, and they wouldn't serve my mate - Aged 16 - with Mortal Kombat.

And MK is about as scary as childrens TV.
*cue 'childrens TV IS scary' joke*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.