GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is the PS2 honestly that bad?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/07/01 at 21:18
Regular
When sony anounced that they were releasing the PS2 I thought that it would be the best thing since the SNES and could not wait to get one. But now that that it's here it seems to be quality starved and most of the games that I have played have poor gameplay or are sequels to popular PS1 games. Which is a good idea in theory but in reality these games are more or less the same but with improved graphics eg Tekken Tag, Ridge Racer and GT3. I just want to know if it realy is that bad, your opinions please.

Only non biased gamers post. (No phrases like PS2 is great because nintendo/microsoft suck)
Wed 25/07/01 at 21:18
When sony anounced that they were releasing the PS2 I thought that it would be the best thing since the SNES and could not wait to get one. But now that that it's here it seems to be quality starved and most of the games that I have played have poor gameplay or are sequels to popular PS1 games. Which is a good idea in theory but in reality these games are more or less the same but with improved graphics eg Tekken Tag, Ridge Racer and GT3. I just want to know if it realy is that bad, your opinions please.

Only non biased gamers post. (No phrases like PS2 is great because nintendo/microsoft suck)
Wed 25/07/01 at 21:31
I take it you actually haven't got a PS2 have you?!?

Don't forget that there are gonna be a few games that are gonna be released within the next 6 months which will quite possibly be the best games yet i.e. ISS 2, Metal Gear Solid 2. (They still might be sequals but these games still fail to impress, I don't have a PS2 but all my mates are telling me to get one now, I'm waiting till Christmas, don't have to pay for it then!)
Wed 25/07/01 at 21:39
I'll agree with you about ISS2 this will be a great game but MGS2 aswell as Final Fantasy 11 are scheduled for release on the gamecube which already has an impresive list of games. This pushes me further from buying a PS2 and towards waiting for the gamecube.
Wed 25/07/01 at 21:41
Regular
"I like cheese"
Have you played ZOE, StarFighter, Extermination, Red Faction, Crazy Taxi, Summoner, UT, Quake 3 or the MGS2 Demo??

Als, sequels are good as long as they're better than the previous one-which MGS2 and GT3 are.
Wed 25/07/01 at 21:45
Why don't you push to get both? They are both brilliant consoles!

Ant, I've played MGS Demo & Crazy Taxi- great games, can't wait for MGS2!
Wed 25/07/01 at 21:49
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Welcome Corinthian. How did you hear about us?

Seifer - I see you have been around a while. How did you come across the forums?
Wed 25/07/01 at 21:51
Tony wrote:

Seifer - I see
> you have been around a while. How did you come across the forums?

Shocktrooper recommended it to me(I know him off the net) and I read about this site in the SR mag.

Well done on quitting mate! Must be hard but I think you can do it!
Wed 25/07/01 at 21:52
I heard about this site from a m8
Wed 25/07/01 at 22:11
How long has this site been operational?

It's been at least 484 days because that's how long Tony's been on here for.

Hey Tony, you've been on here for a long time, why don't you push to become a noteable on the next vote and when is it?
Wed 25/07/01 at 23:00
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
PS2 did look amazing when I first heard about it.

After playing on one in Game a few days ago I now believe all the hype. PS2 is just an update from all the PS1 games, e.g. GT3 it exactly the sane as GT2 but with a few different cars and better graphics.

All the options are the same, it feels exactly the same as GT2, maybe it is GT2?
I don’t honestly think it is worth £300 of my hard earned sterling, ok £270 with no games but still its a lot.

I think the PS2 is a major letdown and I will for definite buy a GameCube.

Roll on GC.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.