GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA: San Andreas"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas'.
Tue 13/04/04 at 21:20
Regular
"Max Power"
Well, Basically this is a thread about the upcoming Grand theft auto game which is released on the 22nd of october 2004, so not to long.

For some not very good information [URL]http://www.gta-sanandreas.com/[/URL]

just talk about GTA san andreas.
Tue 20/04/04 at 19:53
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> What?
>
> Vice City hit the nail on the head with everything gangster like,
> granted I didn't enjoy it as much as GTA3 but what you just said is
> bull sheet.

I've been playing both GTA3 and Vice City recently and I think I understand where you're coming from. I mean I've got to admit buying all those properties and businesses did give you the sense that you were taking over Miami piece by piece, and I guess a gangsters main goal is to have ultimate power over everyone else. So therefore by owning all the most important parts of the city you are gaining that superiority. However I'm not sure what it is, but it just didn't seem to be as good a game as GTA3.

I thought the level design and mission structure was much better in GTA3, I mean I can remember almost every road and building in GTA3, but Vice City seems a bit of a blur because I didn't find it as interesting, and as Mav says there was a much more 'gritty' feel to GTA3's style which I much prefered over Vice City's exotic settings.

But I shouldn't complain about either game really, they're still my two favourite titles of all time and I'm really really looking forward to San Andreas. If it can achieve the same sort of level design as GTA3, and have a much improved mission structure over Vice, but still retain that feeling of gaining power that Vice offers, then it could be almost perfect. (If they dump 50cent anyway)

:)
Sun 18/04/04 at 21:33
Regular
"www.bloodbanx.com"
vice city also has legal businesses taxi firm, printing press etc.

little paggio scooters, bf ingection buggys

ALL OF THESE are in some of the gta games,

and yet we laugh at some of the ideas (i didn't come up with skatebaords)
although i belive it will expand lifespan.
Sun 18/04/04 at 21:29
Regular
"www.bloodbanx.com"
gta vice city sold 3 million more than gta3
+ it has moterbikes and helicopters.
i spent 190 more hours on vice city than i did gt3
i completed 20% more on gta vice city than gta3

i think its better and i think skateboards could be fun like the rc cars you say vice city is really ganster like ad has everything same with gt3.

but they got toy helicopters and planes toy tanks and toy cars. (sounds grown up already).

adding skatebaords / bicicles won't do anything to the quility, a ganster could use a skateboard if there was one handy.
Sun 18/04/04 at 21:04
Regular
Ye, Mafia is films like Goodfellas, Mean Streets etc. Gangster is Snatch, Lock Stock, Gangster No1. etc.

It didn't have a Mafia feel like GTA3 did but the gangster nail was hit bang on the head.
Sun 18/04/04 at 20:58
Regular
Must be it then.

I know I always meant Mafia, but I somehow fell into the trap of talking about gangsters. Am I right in assuming gangster movies are along the lines of Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels then?
Sun 18/04/04 at 20:55
Regular
Mafia is different, gangsters aren't all associated with the Mafia.
Sun 18/04/04 at 20:34
Regular
Just to be specific, I actually mean Mafia more than gangsters. I know they're similar but I don't think they're exactly the same thing.
Sun 18/04/04 at 20:31
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Shows how many Gangster films and what not you have seen. Vice City
> hit the nail on the head, whether you think it is an opinion or not,
> you are wrong.

I've seen a fair few actually, and the only one that springs to mind that's similar to Vice is Donnie Brasco which, even then, is only set as such because they have to go to Miami at some point in the film - they're not based there. The likes of The Godfather, Goodfellas, etc are completely different.

I don't pretend to be an expert on it, but Vice didn't really make me feel like a professional gangster, and so it therefore failed at conveying such a style. I'm not wrong at all.
Sun 18/04/04 at 20:20
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Yea I haven't seen many gangster films, that's true, but I know what game I prefered. It has nothing to do with movies.
Sun 18/04/04 at 20:14
Regular
Shows how many Gangster films and what not you have seen. Vice City hit the nail on the head, whether you think it is an opinion or not, you are wrong.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.