GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Digitiser on GT3"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/07/01 at 19:05
Regular
apart from the fact that they put GT2 instead of 3 and think it's only 1-2 players digitiser gave the game what it deserves.

5/5 despite it's faults it's still an excellent racer.

gotta hand it to one of the letters

GT3 will propably get lots of stick for being like GT2 when nintendo update the same 10 year old game and everyone kisses it's bottom.

If anyone here sent that in PRAVO !!
Fri 27/07/01 at 15:56
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
...Link, Luigi, the list goes on...
Fri 27/07/01 at 14:22
"High polygon count"
kingklik wrote:
> A sequel that is exactly the same as the
> game before it (with updated graphics) no way deserves 100%

...unless it contains Pokemon, Donkey Kong, Mario, Sonic...?
Fri 27/07/01 at 13:32
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Why?

It's still a very good game, just because it bears similarities to its predesessor means it's any worse? I think not.
Fri 27/07/01 at 13:15
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
er-no is right (as usual). A sequel that is exactly the same as the game before it (with updated graphics) no way deserves 100%. More like 3/5 in my opinion.
Fri 27/07/01 at 02:43
He owns nintendo, they can't afford adverts....

As if, they are milking in the money!
Fri 27/07/01 at 02:41
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
N64ever, you really are a novice aren't you.
Fri 27/07/01 at 02:05
N64ever wrote:
> the reason that everyone kisses the as* of nintendo when they update
> their games is cause they actually update them they dont just make
> the graphics better they change the gameplay.

Right.....

You playstation
> fools when will u learn that sony suc, its because of u that these
> pointless rehashes of old games get released stop buying their
> cack.

Your sentiments will bring doom for Sony.
Thu 26/07/01 at 23:35
Regular
"everyone says it"
GT3 does not deserve 5/5.. ExciteBike 64 is better than it!
Thu 26/07/01 at 20:02
Regular
the reason that everyone kisses the as* of nintendo when they update their games is cause they actually update them they dont just make the graphics better they change the gameplay.

You playstation fools when will u learn that sony suc, its because of u that these pointless rehashes of old games get released stop buying their cack.
Thu 26/07/01 at 10:09
GT2 was an immense game.

"He described GT3 as GT2 with flashy graphics, the same cars (but less) and even some of the same tracks. If you own GT2, this game is appalling."

GT3 is more simplistic and looks and sounds impressive, although it is not a revelation in gameplay - and the visuals aren't mind blowing, but "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" and they didn't really need to. Play GT2 alongside GT2 or just after eachother if you don't for some reason have two neighbouring televisions, and you will see how different they look. GT2, when it was released, I thought looked rubbish, I still do, but GT3 looks right, it's the most graphically advanced PS2 title, and that's why I am saving my hard earned pennnies to be able to buy it.

Yeah, so it's the same game-ish to GT2, but then how many people buy nearly every single Fifa?! MSR is a completely different style of game, I just had to give it a mention because people keep saying MSR is crap, MSR is nothing compared to GT3, when if you take an unbiased look at the two, the DC racer looks amazing, just doesn't boast the supreme glossy finish effects fo GT3 or the roaring sound, but in terms of originality, the Bizarre Creations game wins hands down - the two games are nothing like each other, the only similiarities they share are great handling, graphics and gameplay, they're both great games, both are based around cars, but the premise is completely different.

People may call me a fool for wanting to get a PS2 for GT3, I've got around £150 to go, and I don't like the fact Sony are bringing out extras for the console - have a look at jd99's post, I agree entirely with him - and I don't like the way I'll have to fork out for a multi tap, although not many games offer a four player option, which is disappointing - Sony should be encouraging social gaming, not putting a £19.99 price tag on it. I will hopefully have a PS2 and GT3 with a couple of accessories by this time next week, but the main reasons I'm getting one again (had one, needed money, sold it) is because of the future titles.

Soul Calibur 2 - the sequel to the greatest 'fighting' game ever. Only for PS2? I'm not sure, it may be coming out on GCN, but then it will definitely be released on PlayStation 2. Virtua Fighter 4 - Yu Suzuki's fourth in the series, after a disappointing VF3tb, VF4 looks stunning already, if they speed the gameplay up a little, add a four player mode perhaps, make the visuals superior to Namco's two fighting games SC2 and Tekken 4, then we should see one of the best beat 'em ups ever.

Rumours say that MSR is being released on the PS2, ok, so you may not be 'that' excited by this, but think of it as though Mika Hakkinen has just signed up with Ferrari, about to give Michael Schumacher a real run for his money. Same conditions, same fan base (perhaps), more chance to excel.

Anyway, I'm done - never owned GT2 or completed any licences, just played it, many cars, vrrrrooooooomm, I'm getting GT3.

Dan

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.