GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Digitiser on GT3"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/07/01 at 19:05
Regular
apart from the fact that they put GT2 instead of 3 and think it's only 1-2 players digitiser gave the game what it deserves.

5/5 despite it's faults it's still an excellent racer.

gotta hand it to one of the letters

GT3 will propably get lots of stick for being like GT2 when nintendo update the same 10 year old game and everyone kisses it's bottom.

If anyone here sent that in PRAVO !!
Sat 19/12/09 at 13:43
Regular
I have joined come on everyone else!!!
Tue 31/07/01 at 10:06
"High polygon count"
Turbonutter wrote:
> Nobby, I don't think anyon uses it as a put-down. I first heard the
> term used by a Ninty.

I never use it as an insult. As far as I'm concerned 'Ninty' is just a much quicker and easier way of typing 'Nintendo owner'.

To me, both N64ever and Meka Dragon are both 'Ninty's'. However, I think you'll agree that there's a world of difference between them... Meka only *pretends* to be a half-wit. I think. ;-p
Tue 31/07/01 at 03:46
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Nobby, I don't think anyon uses it as a put-down. I first heard the term used by a Ninty.

The image is one of maturity and not stepping down to the level of some of the prats in the Nintendo forum. We use mature language and well-thought out arguments.

I think everyone will agree that our forum is of a higher quality than the Nintendo one.
Mon 30/07/01 at 23:03
Regular
The difference between 2-D and 3-D was mentioned below as a significant change. However, it is no more difficult than the upgrade between GT2 and GT3.

Just because its such a hugely obvious change doesn`t mean its a lot harder or better. The changes in the GTs are less obvious, but more impressive when you see what they are.

Or would you like GT3 to be in 4 dimensions? Are we dealing in time here, or merely 4 dimensional shapes represented on a 2-D plane?
Sun 29/07/01 at 23:26
Turbonutter wrote:
> Well, I don't actually like nobby flagpole.

You're right, he
> doesn't really represent the image we are trying to project, but
> he's an OK poster nonetheless.

Just curious, what image are you trying to project?

And I don't call Nintendo fans Nintys to put them down in any way. Nintendo fans call Sony fans Sonyphiles, and that was made up BY a Sony fan and isn't meant as a put-down.
Sun 29/07/01 at 22:30
Regular
You mean Crash's run down the pathway from the start to finish will avoiding hazards on the way?

Or do you mean Pandamonium which looked 3D but hard 2D gameplay.

They were great but Mario 64 was the first one to allow you to walk and explore freely.

Do things you're own way without a pre-set path.

It WAS original and it WAS the first of it's kind.
Sun 29/07/01 at 02:10
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I've said this before and I'll say it again:

Mario 64 wan't original, it was just obvious. 3D platformers had been done before. Shigsy was given a brand new piece of kit specifically designed for 3D games. He's seen the quality on the PSone, what else was he going to do?
Sat 28/07/01 at 21:14
Regular
Firstly, Digitiser do NOT side with Nintendo.
Secondly, the fat sow is a she, not a he.

And thirdly, I was expecting Digi to slate GT3 for being dull and unoriginal. It clearly impressed them (and Digitiser are VERY hard to please) so I suppose it's just the genre I don't like.

And none of you listened properly to Kingkliks point.
Yes, there were a few differences between GT2 and GT3 but the wasn't a very clear change between them.

The difference between each Mario sequel is huge though.
5 years after Super Mario World, a 2D a-B adventure comes a brand new, first of it's kind, ORIGINAL 3D platformer which barely resembles it's prequel.

Apart from slightly smoother graphics, you have to really dig deep to find a difference between GT2 and GT3.

That doesn't mean that GT3 isn't good.
It just means that letter was made by a dimwit.

Do you see?
Sat 28/07/01 at 02:19
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Well, I don't actually like nobby flagpole.

You're right, he doesn't really represent the image we are trying to project, but he's an OK poster nonetheless.
Fri 27/07/01 at 22:03
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Oh, 'Kingpillock', 'kingwatsit'? That's exactly what you Sonyphiles said was wrong with is Nintys - name-calling. Oh, dear. Turbonutter and co, you might want to have words with this guy, coz he is seriously ruining your image!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.