GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Yes! I rule!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 23/07/01 at 13:14
Regular
Sorry, but I'm going to blow my own trumpet for a moment. (and how we all wish we could do that..hur-hur-hur)

After 3 years of shopping two scripts around that I wrote to everyone in this country, meeting producers, applying for funding etc etc and blah blah blah, I have secured myself an agent in Hollywood.

COME ON!!!!

An agent in Beverley Hills that has agreed to represent me and present my scripts, along with any future developments and treatments I come up with.
He takes a percentage, but with an agent touting for you, you get taken more seriously than a lone writer.

And part of my contract is that I register with the Screen Writers Guild of America.
So, I am now Goatboy SGA

I have letters after my name, an agent and two completed scripts.
Life is good, and my band is playing a showcase gig this thursday.

I rule.
Mon 23/07/01 at 17:50
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:

You don't look anything like my mental
> picture of you though!

I think that's a good thing...hehe

And now I have a shaved head and contact lenses.
And I had a t-shirt printed with "Silverback" on it, in worship of the awesome "Stomping Round" comment on Upwire.

That will live forever!
Mon 23/07/01 at 17:50
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Could you cast me in one of your movies?
Mon 23/07/01 at 17:48
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Mr.Snuggly wrote:

Yep, but we're fast realising we can't be bothered with it
> anymore.

NO. Please, don't just stop doing it. If you guys have bothered to get together and do something, then you can't just chuck it in? Surely not? Hell, even if it's just you guys playing in someone's garage, gotta be worth it.

I don't sing anymore on account of not having any songs to
> sing, or having a bassist.

Bass players...if there were any good their guitars would have 6 strings
*hehe* Just a little dig at the rhythm section.

Hard times have fallen on Doctor-Monkey.
> Although our guitarist has just bought a flying V this morning, so
> that may inject some much-needed rock into proceedings.

Flying V means total rock annihilation!
Simply for this awesome axe, you must continue dude!
What kind of music is it? Can I hear you guys?

If ANYONE is thinking of starting a band or learning an instrument, do it. Just get it in your hand and learn.
Please, we need more bands otherwise we'll just have The Spice Girls to listen to, and nobody wants that.
I don't care if you think you suck, you don't.
We've played with some good bands, and some that really, really suck.
However, for the simple fact that someone has learned an instrument and has the balls to get onstage then I respect that.
It's easier to sit in the dark and sneer than it is to get up and risk being laughed at for doing something creative.
I may not like the music, but if a band is up there giving it 100% then you have to admire that.
Not like it, but admire them for it.

Doctor Monkey must continue! For the sakes of everyone and anyone that has ever picked up an instrument.
And you're called "Doctor Monkey", and that's reason enough.
Mon 23/07/01 at 17:35
"High polygon count"
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
> Well done on counts, my friend.

On ALL counts, even!
Mon 23/07/01 at 17:35
"High polygon count"
Okay, where can I get a CD?

And where can I get tickets for your movie premier? ;-p

Cash is waiting to be spent...

Well done on counts, my friend.

You don't look anything like my mental picture of you though!
Mon 23/07/01 at 17:21
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Goatboy wrote:
> Yeah, I forgot about that one

hehehe, at least my pic is just
> green and blurry.
Nice robot arms dude.
The Monkey Robot ruled
> those pics, and Mr T was poor.

Hey, you play in a band right?
> With Monkey Man?

Yep, but we're fast realising we can't be bothered with it anymore. I don't sing anymore on account of not having any songs to sing, or having a bassist. Hard times have fallen on Doctor-Monkey. Although our guitarist has just bought a flying V this morning, so that may inject some much-needed rock into proceedings.
Mon 23/07/01 at 17:15
Wow Goatboy, it's great! I'll have to look out for more of your stuff!
Mon 23/07/01 at 17:07
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Hmmm

If you can't find someone... back of NME has hundreds of unsigned things... sure you'll do fine though.

Theres a thing,think I'll look for the band name at back of NME this week... they have every gig on that week on it :)

Mates big brother's band were in it :D
Mon 23/07/01 at 16:49
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> That utterly rocks, I give my largest congratulations.

A sincere thanks Grix.
I like it, but then I would.
We've had a lot of knocks from A&R people before they started to take interest, so we're used to criticism.

Strange thing is, as soon as one record company expresses an interest, they all start to phone and want to take you out for lunches.
Cowards, they need to know that someone else likes it before they'll even consider you.

But that's how it works.

And I know this sounds like a crock, but the opinions of people here mean more to me personally than some punk A&R man - you lot are honest (to the point of cruelty sometimes)

And if anyone doesn't like it, feel free to say so, I'm a big boy and can take it.

Now, where's my white sweatbands?
Mon 23/07/01 at 16:43
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yeah, I forgot about that one

hehehe, at least my pic is just green and blurry.
Nice robot arms dude.
The Monkey Robot ruled those pics, and Mr T was poor.

Hey, you play in a band right? With Monkey Man?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.