GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SEX!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/07/01 at 10:00
Regular
Right. Now that i have your attention, Who reakons there is life on another planet and when do you think we will meet it? I reakon that the first life which is not of this world will be like a mirco organism somewhere. I'd say maby 2050. If however the first thing that we contact is more advances then id say around 2500. what do you all think?
Wed 25/07/01 at 22:16
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
Thats what i just said
Wed 25/07/01 at 22:13
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Veron 4 wrote:
> how can anything survive on mars? there is no water there.

If you'd read my posts (each of which is huge and answers almost all the questions being asked!), you will know that it is a fact that in the early days of mars' existance, there was pleanty of water on mars... infact there was one huge ocen that covered about 1/3 of the surface alone! The reason we know is that you can see the old coastline.

Anyway, back to what's being asked...

Someone as saying that there is a 1/1million chance of life happening. Wrong! In fact, there is a mathematical equation to work out how many INTELLIGENT life forms are out there. The number is millions. (Intelligent= could contact us due to their technology)

Finally, it is simply ignorant to think that the only life out there are small microbes. That is like saying we are the centre of the universe. There WILL be life out there that is far more evolved than us. Here's a little reasoning that I have just thought up for this to be true:

Our planet came from the ashes of a star that had exploded after living for several million years. (that is a fact). Now imagine if we had been formed one million years earlier.. how more advanced we would be. And the fact that our worl is only 7 million years old (I think), and the universe is 6 BILLION years old makes me think that there is a pretty good chance that there was life far before when our world formed!

NiGHTS!
Wed 25/07/01 at 21:35
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
Mars might have once been almost covered in water. It is possible that there are simple mircobes that have ben sleeping on mars. Kinda like stasis but natural. There are thing on earth that can all but die then comt to life when given water.
Wed 25/07/01 at 00:38
Regular
how can anything survive on mars? there is no water there.
Wed 25/07/01 at 00:30
Agree with Er-no, there must be life out there, somewhere (sorry, just watched a Star Trek Film). There are two planets in our solar system that have the potential to support some kind of like from that we know of, Earth and Mars. As yet, we havent found any on Mars, but there are Earth animals that can (in theory) survive the conditions. As we are a relitivaly small galaxy and there are billions of other gals out there, there is likely to be thousands of other planets capable of supporting life. As a result, I dont think it will be long before we find another life form on another planet. How long it will be before we find a sentient being I can only guess, I doubt it will happen in my lifetime. But logic (Star Trek again) suggests that we will, eventually.
As for the comment about life under the Ice of one of Venus's moons....WTF, have u ne idea how hot it is there, ICE????, what, is it 3000m under the surface or something....ICE?!?

Share and Enjoy
Wed 25/07/01 at 00:19
Regular
its always nice to wonder, but u shoudnt kiddyourself.
Wed 25/07/01 at 00:17
The title didn't fool me - i didn't even look in the topic.

Anyway, i don't think man will ever find intelligent life on another planet. Microbes - yes, but alien beings in spacecrafts - No.

We won't find life on any planets in our galaxy, and we will never be able to travel outside of the confines of our galaxy to study other planets.

Still - i hope there are other life-forms somewhere out there, maybe wondering if they are alone in the Universe? Hmmm.
Wed 25/07/01 at 00:09
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
Its lablled sex so people will have a look inside it
Tue 24/07/01 at 23:56
Regular
but there again, people say that it was a 1 in a billion chance of life being created on our planet. this points to there being little chance of life on other worlds.
Tue 24/07/01 at 23:50
Regular
"Back in black"
The topic above is labbeled, GIRLS, this one SEX. I was very dissapointed:( lol

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.