GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SEX!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/07/01 at 10:00
Regular
Right. Now that i have your attention, Who reakons there is life on another planet and when do you think we will meet it? I reakon that the first life which is not of this world will be like a mirco organism somewhere. I'd say maby 2050. If however the first thing that we contact is more advances then id say around 2500. what do you all think?
Thu 26/07/01 at 18:27
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Cinnamon wrote:
> foehrh nkaoieufrdkd jsns j4453 uJD diodkdAS ikgfpfjk
dhhdu
> dheoppwqp[ew-=905432 kewlkfoew893274 uwdjkwqewqj
dghswvv eui
> ewiwqoi iiwqtyure ikewqj wqu oo ooooooooo gfgdfs

no... i disagree

NiGHTS!
Thu 26/07/01 at 18:24
Regular
foehrh nkaoieufrdkd jsns j4453 uJD diodkdAS ikgfpfjk
dhhdu dheoppwqp[ew-=905432 kewlkfoew893274 uwdjkwqewqj
dghswvv eui ewiwqoi iiwqtyure ikewqj wqu oo ooooooooo gfgdfs
Thu 26/07/01 at 18:16
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
semajal wrote:
> No way could anything survive on jupiter. Maby on the ice moon but i
> mean there is a storm on juppiter bigger than the earth!

Martian 1: "do you believe there is life on earth?"
Martian 2: "No... too much water"

Fact: Creatures exist in under ocean volcano pockets with temperatures hundred and hudreds of degrees hot, in a high sulphure atmosphere.

I doubt it is is possible to have conditions that are "too extreme" for life... what we call extreme they call fekljfksjf (alien for normal)... unless they all speak english!

NiGHTS!
Wed 25/07/01 at 23:18
Regular
It's the story where they go into the Jovian ocean to find intelligent life (Marine life but intelligent).

It's a race that communicates by flashing signals.

They have to be careful not to go too deep (where they'll be crushed and toasted) or too shallow (where they'll freeze) but there's some sort of algae that continually sinks that they can gobble.

Read the book, it makes it sound realistic.

Once you see how the Earth is now run by religious groups, you'll find that Jovian life isn't the most farfetched idea in the book :-D
Wed 25/07/01 at 23:16
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I want to see a UFO for myself, then I can say for certain if I think aliens exist.

Im sure they probaby do exist though, as bugs or somthing on a faraway galaxy at the other end of the universe.
Wed 25/07/01 at 23:11
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
No way could anything survive on jupiter. Maby on the ice moon but i mean there is a storm on juppiter bigger than the earth!
Wed 25/07/01 at 22:28
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Strafex wrote:
> There's actually the possibility of life on Jupiter.

You might
> find that silly but read Jupiter by Ben Bova and you'll find that it
> isn't farfetched as it first sounded.

Is that the one where there are huge "tenticle" creatures that rise through the atmosphere? If so that's a great one. Obviously it is not true (it's like saying that the first allien we look like will have 6 eyes... and then it does... the chance that we even comprehend it!)

Anyway, it's still a great idea about how odd other life could be. These ones aren't even worth looking for! Too much trouble!

NiGHTS!

PS. So far scientists only think that life exists where water is... NO! this is clearly not true!
Wed 25/07/01 at 22:22
Regular
There's actually the possibility of life on Jupiter.

You might find that silly but read Jupiter by Ben Bova and you'll find that it isn't farfetched as it first sounded.
Wed 25/07/01 at 22:19
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
semajal wrote:
> Thats what i just said

about mars... yes... i was just emphasising that it had been proved there were lakes and oceans there....

but if you read on u will see that most of the topic is about the chance of intelligent life... which is much bigger than people think

NiGHTS!
Wed 25/07/01 at 22:17
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
To get things strait, there are 2 places in the solar sytem where thre might have been life:

Mars: once had HUGE oceans, rivers and the like. Now has ice caps.

The moon of Staurn (or is it jupitor???... i think it's called iono-thingy... or titan): Anyway, they have now seen volcanic erruptions here... and in our planet, underwater volcanos give rise to sulphur based life. There are also signs of ice there (crack on surface)... so maybe water underneath.

NiGHTS!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.