GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"this isn't a very exciting forum is it..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/04/04 at 21:14
Regular
"www.bloodbanx.com"
ok theres threads at the bottom with 5 posts and there 2 months old...
theres only 2 new posts in this forum today,
is this forum wasted??

well if you want to liven it up we can start by saying what is our favorite classic game...

no posts for 5 hours...

half these forums don't have enough people in them but we can change that!
Sat 24/04/04 at 11:38
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Der Nazi wrote:
> Note how, with the exception of Little Ginge, that lot are either
> relatively new to the site or complete jerks.
Sat 24/04/04 at 11:39
Regular
"Nickelback no. 1 fa"
Final Fantasy Adventure for GBA was an all time classic-The remake is Sword of Mana for GBA!
Sat 24/04/04 at 13:20
Regular
"www.bloodbanx.com"
i heard there was going to be a collection of mario games on the gamecube or something... is this just a rumour or is it TRUE?
Sun 25/04/04 at 10:11
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
It may well turn out to be true; I've heard about a collection of Zelda games being re-released as a collection.

It seems like many classic series are being revived, notably early Final Fantasy games being available for the PSone. All we need now is for all of the classic Microprose games of the early 1990s to be put into a sort of compliation disk that will be able to run on Windows XP...

*Hopes*
Sun 25/04/04 at 10:20
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Rikimaru Dark wrote:
> Der Nazi wrote:

Cue the edit.
Sun 25/04/04 at 10:23
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
[S]
Sun 25/04/04 at 11:31
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Forest Fan wrote:
> Rikimaru Dark wrote:
> Der Nazi wrote:
>
> Cue the edit.

I edited it not long after posting, having realised I had made a typo. Next time you want to jump to a conclusion, FF, pay more attention. :P
Sun 25/04/04 at 15:42
Regular
Maybe the problem with these forums is that they're always looking to the past and therefore their themes have been done a million times before. Take the theme of this thread as an example - your favourite games on these "classic" consoles. I'm sure there are dozens of threads like this in the forum and people just can't be bothered repeating themselves time and time again for the sake of keeping a forum alive.

Despite the fact that these forums are about classic consoles, the threads within them don't always have to look back into the past. I have a Dreamcast which I frequently play on and will continue to do so in the future. There are "homebrew" developments for it which see games being created for the humble DC even today, and these games are mostly free and downloadable as images.

Last week I bought a broadband adaptor for my DC which I am going to use to play games online and even across a LAN network at my house against some mates. These are all current events on a console that is considered to be dead.
Sun 25/04/04 at 17:42
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
The Dreamcast would still be on sale now, due to its decent level of technology, if it wasn't for poor sales of games and the actual console: It was released too early with too few good games. This forum is used by Dreamcast fans because they no longer have their own forum, and because the Dreamcast has now been consigned to history.
Sun 25/04/04 at 21:30
Regular
Perhaps if retailers like SR didn't ram PS1/PS2 down everyone's throats then other technologies would have the chance that they deserved?

Several SR mags had PS stuff for what seemed to be the first half of the mag, then the N64 has a 2x2inch section on one page and the DC another 3x3 section after.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.