GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"this isn't a very exciting forum is it..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/04/04 at 21:14
Regular
"www.bloodbanx.com"
ok theres threads at the bottom with 5 posts and there 2 months old...
theres only 2 new posts in this forum today,
is this forum wasted??

well if you want to liven it up we can start by saying what is our favorite classic game...

no posts for 5 hours...

half these forums don't have enough people in them but we can change that!
Sat 14/08/04 at 19:15
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Nothing like a good Beat 'Em up Game- Mortal Kombat holds some great memories for me; not only from playing around with the Mortal Kombat machine at my local swimming Pool when I was a kid, but for always getting so far and then getting beaten in the matches against two different fighers.
Thu 12/08/04 at 22:15
Regular
"Pro Reviewer"
My favourite classic games are the tekken games i really like the mindless fighting!
Thu 12/08/04 at 19:56
Regular
Forest Fan wrote:
> some mail delivery game

Paperboy? I had that on the Amstrad CPC 464 ;o)
Fri 04/06/04 at 10:00
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I used a blocker to keep the masses back and used another guy to build a very long bridge. You had to be very careful, seeing as the bridge builder would have to be made a bridge builder again after 5 bricks- concentration was they key, seeing as you had to listen up for three blips.

Th other level I didn't exactly enjoy was level 13 on Fun- 20 Lemmings, 20 have to dig their own holes to freedom. Hard.
Thu 03/06/04 at 10:11
Regular
"you've got a beard"
i remember that level!!!! :)

i used to use one dude to map out the whole level, then just release the rest :)
Wed 02/06/04 at 21:04
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Indeed. It required a pretty steady nerve- especially the level where you had to hold back a load of the little dudes whilst you had to use another to build a very long bridge to the exit.
Wed 02/06/04 at 18:40
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Der Nazi wrote:
> I was quite a Lemmings fan, and proud owner of Lemmings, Lemmings
> Holiday Edition '93 and Lemmings the Tribes II. One of the first
> games series I mastered, at the age of about six. :)

I had those Lemmings games, my brothers and I would spend hours playing it, I use to like it when you finished building the various bridges and you could sit back and watch the Lemmings roll home. :D
Wed 02/06/04 at 14:03
Regular
"now speaks Japanese"
Yes It was a classic like Streets of rage.
Wed 02/06/04 at 13:27
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Anybody played Golden Axe before?
Wed 02/06/04 at 13:15
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Forest Fan wrote:
> The only classic games I remember playing was my old Amstrad, with
> games like Punch and Judy, Batman and some mail delivery game, as
> well as Lemmings on the old PC and later playing on the Game Boy
> (Black and White version), on some Mario games.

The original Lemmings games: Sheer genius. Some excellent puzzles and strategies made by a small Scottish games studio (DMA) which later went on to do game design for Rockstar on the GTA Games.

I was quite a Lemmings fan, and proud owner of Lemmings, Lemmings Holiday Edition '93 and Lemmings the Tribes II. One of the first games series I mastered, at the age of about six. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.