GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ViewtifulJoe 2 confirmed"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Viewtiful Joe 2'.
Wed 21/04/04 at 11:47
Regular
The sequel to the hot Gamecube exclusive, Viewtiful Joe, is being released complete with brand new environments, over 40 new enemies, a new VFX mode eplay is introduced, It is also going to be as challenging and easier than the last game (whatever that means), sylvia (Joe's girlfriend) is also playable and it is all going to be released at the end of the year for PS2 and Gamecube.

Wahoo.
Thu 22/04/04 at 11:07
Regular
I'll admit I wasn't too impressed with VJ at first, just once you got a few VFX moves, it really opened up and unleashed a beast of a game; stylish fighting, rock-hard puzzles and hordes of cronies to boot. Not to mention the funking awesome boss battles that occured after each level. They really, really rocked, even if they were very simple once you'd figured out a successful technique.

I doubt anyone who has completed VJ will disagree that it's one of the best games on the Cube so far. Perhaps not of Zelda or Metroid proportions, but it's a work of genius and if you never reached the finale, I urge you to press on and complete it.
Thu 22/04/04 at 12:22
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> I didn't say it was the best game ever, you will find a post you did
> though suggesting that it is.

I implied it was a good game. Not one of my Gamecube titles are amongst my favourite games ever... there is no way I'd call it the best.

> Thats not my point though, my point is they will not use the hardware
> of the Cube like they would if it was an exclusive, that is factual.
> That and the fact that core gameplay will have to be changed to
> actually appeal to "casual gamers" whatever they are.

Games sell on the Playstation. VJ is hardly the most graphically challenging game to emerge from Capcom, this isn't Resident Evil 4, we can expect a similar style game to the last. Also Viewtiful Joe 2 is as I've said an extendion of Viewtiful Joe, more levels, more difficulty settings, a second character, new enemies and a new VFX mode.

Capcom are not changing the game to appeal to a new market, they are just publishing it for the PS2 in order to create a bigger VJ fan base.
Thu 22/04/04 at 18:18
Regular
Am I wrong in thinking that Sylvia was playable in the original Viewtiful Joe game? After you completed it?
Thu 22/04/04 at 18:26
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Mav wrote:
> Am I wrong in thinking that Sylvia was playable in the original
> Viewtiful Joe game? After you completed it?

Hmm.. I think you are. My memory tells me that I read somewhere Captain Blue was playable when you completed it enough times. But then I never completed it half a dozen times.. which is what it takes to unlock it all.
Thu 22/04/04 at 18:52
"period drama"
Yeah - you can unlock Sylvia, Captain Blue and Alastor in VJ. Although it's actually impossible - you need to get rainbow Vs on every single section to unlock Alastor.
Thu 22/04/04 at 18:55
"period drama"
Also - confirmed in the new game: a new power

Replay.
Anywhere - you can replay the action 3 times. 3 punches, collect 3 hamburgers from 1 but use it wrongly and get 3 times the damage.
Thu 22/04/04 at 22:01
Regular
"thursdayton!"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Also - confirmed in the new game: a new power
>
> Replay.
> Anywhere - you can replay the action 3 times. 3 punches, collect 3
> hamburgers from 1 but use it wrongly and get 3 times the damage.

So.. different from Prince of Persia rewind-replay then? Sounds interesting..
Thu 22/04/04 at 22:05
"period drama"
Supposedly you'll be able to slow-down, zoom-in and replay all at once. Although I think the zoom-in should have been zoom-out - at least you could see what you were doing that way.
Thu 22/04/04 at 22:26
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Yeh, the screen did get a bit full sometimes.

I wonder if now it's on PS2 as well, they'll make it easier.

Edit: Just read original post again.. it's going to be "just as challenging and easier".. so maybe an easier "Kids" mode, and a harder "Adults" mode.
Fri 23/04/04 at 00:00
Regular
"rock kickin!"
maybe the next game i get besides sonicLL will be VJ........$_$*thinking abuot money*i'm thinking of selling some of my games......

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.