GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ViewtifulJoe 2 confirmed"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Viewtiful Joe 2'.
Wed 21/04/04 at 11:47
Regular
The sequel to the hot Gamecube exclusive, Viewtiful Joe, is being released complete with brand new environments, over 40 new enemies, a new VFX mode eplay is introduced, It is also going to be as challenging and easier than the last game (whatever that means), sylvia (Joe's girlfriend) is also playable and it is all going to be released at the end of the year for PS2 and Gamecube.

Wahoo.
Wed 21/04/04 at 22:36
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> It has been confirmed for the PS2 as well which means one thing
> really...

What's wrong with the game appearing on the PS2?
Wed 21/04/04 at 22:38
Regular
The fact that there will be little to no added insentive to use the full hardware of the GameCube.
Wed 21/04/04 at 22:39
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> It has been confirmed for the PS2 as well which means one thing
> really...
>
> What's wrong with the game appearing on the PS2?

What's wrong is that we may get a worse quality PS2 version of the game, rather than one optimised for the Cube.

And I remember seeing definate information on Viewtiful Joe some months back, that you would definately be playing Sylvia for one.
Wed 21/04/04 at 22:41
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Dringo wrote:
> tphi wrote:
> Only a month or two old, never mind, Rip Van Dringo :P
>
> This is the first confirmation that VJ2 exists... there has been
> rumours for months.
>
> I never raved about it... you lot did... I actually remained pretty
> quiet on the fact.
>
> I got to level 3, prior to this I told people the game was great.
>
> After that the game sat on the shelf.
>
> Will probably go back to it soon, after Metroid Prime.

No, you werre placing it high in your 'Best games ever list' - you and me were raving about it incessantly!
Wed 21/04/04 at 22:42
Regular
What you mean that rumour reported by a Capcom "insider"... yes I heard that too.

For starters the game is being developed with the original engine in mind, an engine already built around the Gamecube hardware and a similar one will be created for the PS2's port of the game.

Capcom are not crazy enough to build the engine on another system and port it the other way.

Also if VJ was to increase sales then it has done it's job with the original title... and it didn't. I'm glad to see Capcom still supporting the Cube.
Wed 21/04/04 at 22:45
Regular
Cyclone wrote:

>
> No, you werre placing it high in your 'Best games ever list' - you
> and me were raving about it incessantly!

But it turned out like Metroid Prime... as soon as another game came along I left it.

I returned to Metroid Prime recently and that has shot up my best games ever list and now sits nicely behind Zelda and in front of Sunshine and KArt. Viewtiful Joe sits behind Soul Calibur 2 BUT that's because I stopped playing it for an unknown reason.

I will return to the game in due course.
Wed 21/04/04 at 22:46
Regular
Must have missed all this "information" then about the game using the same engine. Last I heard they were completely modifying it, granted this was a rumour but it's nothing more extravegant than what you have just said.

As with all multiformat games these days, the so called "better" console usually has a version on par with the "poorer" console which 9 times out of 10 ends up being the PS2. Just wait and see.

Also Cyclone is right, you were raving about it as one of the best games ever.
Wed 21/04/04 at 22:46
Regular
"rock kickin!"
the sample of viewtiful joe was good.....
Wed 21/04/04 at 22:52
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Must have missed all this "information" then about the game
> using the same engine. Last I heard they were completely modifying
> it, granted this was a rumour but it's nothing more extravegant than
> what you have just said.

They aren't building a new engine read the interview at gamespot he is merely making a bigger sequel, same graphics, same style.

> As with all multiformat games these days, the so called
> "better" console usually has a version on par with the
> "poorer" console which 9 times out of 10 ends up being the
> PS2. Just wait and see.

Viewtiful Joe for the Gamecube can be done on the PS2, it is harder as they don't have the GC's special effects. But it can be done. It's hardly Zelda or F Zero.

> Also Cyclone is right, you were raving about it as one of the best
> games ever.

Well I raved about it as the game rules. But the Game has never got passed the fourth position in my charts so hardly the best game ever. A game that's a bit like the old 2D titles i used to play when younger.
Wed 21/04/04 at 23:01
Regular
I didn't say it was the best game ever, you will find a post you did though suggesting that it is.

Thats not my point though, my point is they will not use the hardware of the Cube like they would if it was an exclusive, that is factual. That and the fact that core gameplay will have to be changed to actually appeal to "casual gamers" whatever they are.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.