GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TOCA 2 first impressions....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'TOCA Touring Car Championship 2'.
Thu 22/04/04 at 12:12
Regular
Excellent!

Single player looks a hell of a lot more intresting than the previous game, none of that stupid story mode nonsense. Graphics are a hell of a lot better than the last game (probably down to it not getting a watered down release on the PS2), car models look excellent, not as good as PGR2 visually...but then what is?

Only tried out a couple of car classes so far as you have to unlock the rest, but it's looking superb so far. Excellent damage system as well, I can see lots of swearage on Live as you buckle some nerds car into the railing and watch as his front wheels drop off.

Fingers crossed you'll be able to race the big rigs against some of the smaller cars. 12 car pile-ups? ooooooooooooh baby!
Mon 10/05/04 at 21:06
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Will do.
Mon 10/05/04 at 20:56
Regular
"\\"
Yeah. The way he just laid there with his limbs apread apart was hilarious then her walking off before she starts crying because she broke her hand :P

Oh. And go to options, then videos and look for the one about how that TV woman wants her place in the pits back... Watch where her hand goes at the end... :S

*runs to bathroom*
Mon 10/05/04 at 20:45
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Aoe wrote:
> Ay. Tis where im up to now. Brilliant game.

Did you watch the video of that women smacking Cesar? That was just brilliant.

;)
Mon 10/05/04 at 20:30
Regular
"\\"
Lou Role wrote:
> Wooh! I got past those bloody V8'S, however I've now moved onto the
> American 1000 series and it's really challenging, the cars are great
> on the ovals, but as soon as you take them onto normal tracks things
> start to become really tricky. Plus these are CART cars so they're
> very fragile compared to all the previous vehicles, it only takes a
> slight knock to take your wheels off.

Ay. Tis where im up to now. Brilliant game.
Sun 09/05/04 at 19:18
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Many will probably disagree, but I find Toca 2 much better than PGR2, Toca is much more involving and offers a huge variety of tracks and cars.
Sun 09/05/04 at 19:14
Regular
": ("
Im getting it this week sometime, or PGR2.
Hmmmm......
Sun 09/05/04 at 18:37
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Wooh! I got past those bloody V8'S, however I've now moved onto the American 1000 series and it's really challenging, the cars are great on the ovals, but as soon as you take them onto normal tracks things start to become really tricky. Plus these are CART cars so they're very fragile compared to all the previous vehicles, it only takes a slight knock to take your wheels off.
Sun 09/05/04 at 12:06
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I'm at 55% or something and it's starting to get a little more difficult now. But it's just one of those games that you can stick with no matter what.
Sun 09/05/04 at 11:59
Regular
"\\"
Argh. The percentage is going up sooo slowly now. In my first few hours i got to 28% then the next few hours i only to 34%. Still. It's still damn good.
Sun 09/05/04 at 11:58
Regular
"Touched!"
I'm gonna start playing TOCA again this week as I've been a bit busy with college work lately, excellent game but quite difficult in places!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.