GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"E3 Thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/04/04 at 18:02
"Majestic"
UPDATED 1:00 12TH OF MAY

E3 is here, so its time to chat about the things you liked, and the things you really liked! Yesterday we saw a few surprises from the Nintendo Press conference.

If you want to re-live the live E3 thread running commentary then I suggest you [URL]http://beta.hometown.aol.co.uk/discodexy/myhomepage/nintendo.html[/URL] .

I had to host yesterdays running commentary somewhere else, because I want to make room for today’s running commentary.

Enjoy E3, and Enjoy this thread, you can expect to see clickable’s as soon as we get them!

Remember if you post links when I'm updating, I’ll mention your name :)
Thanks for sticking with the E3 thread.
[/I]
---------------------
Udates soon![I]
---------------------
Page:
Mon 26/04/04 at 13:20
"Majestic"
I wanted to play pacman so much, but then - my dream was crushed by the "compulsorily GBA rule" Do you have to have 4 like FF:CC?
Mon 26/04/04 at 13:25
Regular
You only need one GBA. That's the whole idea of the game.
Mon 26/04/04 at 15:35
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Rickoss wrote:
> You haven't played Pac-Man Vs., have you?

Yes, Rickoss and Ash, I have played it. I don't own a copy and have yet to play it with four people, but with just two. My views are that it was enjoyable, but nothing like Mario Kart or TimeSplitters in lasting classic multiplayer value.

However, I wasn't saying it was a crap game. Just that it took too much of the limelight at E3, made Nintendo look stupid, and overall contributed to a less than spectacular show for Nintendo, something I'm pleased to see isn't being repeated this year.
Mon 26/04/04 at 15:37
"Majestic"
No Pac man can beat Mario kart, time splitters, or monkey ball 2 for a multiplayer fun fest.
Mon 26/04/04 at 15:41
Regular
"thursdayton!"
DiscoDexy wrote:
> No Pac man can beat Mario kart, time splitters, or monkey ball 2 for a
> multiplayer fun fest.

Hmm.. are you meaning:

"No, Pacman *can* beat Mario Kart"

or

"No Pacman game can beat Mario Kart"

15 Days to Go.
Mon 26/04/04 at 16:03
Regular
As much as people may not like connectivety, it is a brilliant idea and deserved to be shown in all it's glory. Just because it's different, it doesn't make it any less of a game than Mario Kart or TS2. I personally find it better than Mario Kart in multiplayer. Not by a huge margin, but it is. I've had more fun out of TS2, but Pac-Man Vs. remains one of the best multiplayer Cube titles around, and you don't need 4 GBA's to enjoy.

Everyone was disappointed by the lack of surprises last year, but Nintendo wanted to show something off and convicne people it was great. It didn't quite work, and onyl now are we beginning to see how great this idea was.
Mon 26/04/04 at 16:08
"Majestic"
> Hmm.. are you meaning:
>
> "No, Pacman *can* beat Mario Kart"
>
> or
>
> "No Pacman game can beat Mario Kart"
>
>
> 15 Days to Go.

Hehe, i was typing with one hand, so i couldent include capital letters, or commers for that matter. I ment to say...

No Pacman game can beat mario kart :)
Mon 26/04/04 at 16:12
"Majestic"
I understand what you are saying Rickoss, and i bet the GBA adds a whole new barral of laughs. But they *should* include a stripped down version of the game, for GBAless people.

Look at wind waker, if you have a GBA you can have tingle, and a extra player dropping bombs from afar. If you don't have a GBA you can still have a ruddy good time without.
Mon 26/04/04 at 16:28
Regular
But it's completely based around using a GBA - it's not like Crystal Chronicles, you don't get some extra information on the screen - without a GBA it wouldn't work, no one would want to play it without one.

The whole idea is that it's a free game for people with a GBA and a link-up cable. If you play the game you'll understand.
Mon 26/04/04 at 18:15
Regular
"thursdayton!"
DiscoDexy wrote:
> No Pacman game can beat mario kart :)

Too bloody right my friend :)
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.