GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""Mum, I’ve lost my computer.........""

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/07/01 at 00:22
Regular
How small can they get...?

Mobile phones at first started out like breeze blocks…then bricks….and now they’re smaller than your hand (That is unless you have really tiny hands!)

Computers started out as big operating machines about the size of a car, that at their best managed to print out a few pages of text...and from then on they have got smaller and smaller…

First PCs, then smaller PCs, then laptops, and now you can even use a mobile phone to do many things a computer does. And Game Consoles are the same, just keep getting smaller and smaller.

In their time these large components were apparently “as small as they could get”, but No, we just keep proving ourselves wrong and making them smaller.

Yes, you know what I’m getting to…The GameCube... It is about 10cm x 15cm… I mean do we really need these game consoles this small? (I’m not having a dig at Nintendo)

I always use to view my computer as a house hold object, along with the washing machine and microwave!

I could never lose my computer; it was never going to move.

I would never have thought I would see the day where I heard “Mum, I’ve lost my computer”, “Don’t worry Son, I found it down the back of the sofa this morning”.
Can you imagine trying to squash your PC down the back of your sofa! It just wouldn’t happen.

Why is it we are always looking for the smallest next best thing?

Will we in 10 years time be saying, “My computer’s TOO small, I want a bigger one” ?!

What I am asking you is, can computers or game consoles get any smaller and if so will this be a good or bad thing?
Sat 21/07/01 at 00:30
Regular
THe PC will get phased out sooner rather than later and laptops should take over. You will never lose it becasue the moniter will always have to be a readable size.

And what exactly do u mean by "do we really need these games consoles so small?" the smaller it is, the less space it takes up.
Sat 21/07/01 at 00:22
Regular
How small can they get...?

Mobile phones at first started out like breeze blocks…then bricks….and now they’re smaller than your hand (That is unless you have really tiny hands!)

Computers started out as big operating machines about the size of a car, that at their best managed to print out a few pages of text...and from then on they have got smaller and smaller…

First PCs, then smaller PCs, then laptops, and now you can even use a mobile phone to do many things a computer does. And Game Consoles are the same, just keep getting smaller and smaller.

In their time these large components were apparently “as small as they could get”, but No, we just keep proving ourselves wrong and making them smaller.

Yes, you know what I’m getting to…The GameCube... It is about 10cm x 15cm… I mean do we really need these game consoles this small? (I’m not having a dig at Nintendo)

I always use to view my computer as a house hold object, along with the washing machine and microwave!

I could never lose my computer; it was never going to move.

I would never have thought I would see the day where I heard “Mum, I’ve lost my computer”, “Don’t worry Son, I found it down the back of the sofa this morning”.
Can you imagine trying to squash your PC down the back of your sofa! It just wouldn’t happen.

Why is it we are always looking for the smallest next best thing?

Will we in 10 years time be saying, “My computer’s TOO small, I want a bigger one” ?!

What I am asking you is, can computers or game consoles get any smaller and if so will this be a good or bad thing?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.