GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pikmin"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pikmin'.
Fri 23/04/04 at 18:02
Regular
I'm a bit sick of Hitman 2 and Harvest Moon at moment, along with my other currently-played games, so I decided to give Pikmin a quick go and really rekindled my love of the thin, odd looking plants.

I never really remember Pikmin being as good as it is. I always liked it, but returning it seems wonderful, and more of a Nintendo game than Wind Waker and Sunshine. Building up 100's of slaves, racing against the clock to safety... I never really realised how great this is, and despite being a bit sceptical about the 2nd, I'm really looking forward to it now.

RBS is just plain wrong. Not liking this is foolish, it's a true Nintendo masterpiece and, in terms of gameplay, almost faultless (bar a few niggles when trying to seperate Pikmin.)

This is why a bought a GameCube.
Sat 24/04/04 at 12:34
Regular
Olimar is also an anagram of mario if you remove the L...

And loogie just isn't funny.
Sat 24/04/04 at 12:46
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> Olimar is also an anagram of mario if you remove the L...
>
> And loogie just isn't funny.

Mmm.. If Olimar sounds like Mario, Loogie sounds alot like Luigi..

Are Nintendo that unoriginal?
Sat 24/04/04 at 13:45
Regular
Bah, can anyone remember hwo to kill that massive beetle boss on the Forest of Hope? I did the level once, got 3 ship parts, then got to the boss and lost 60+ Pikmin because I just couldn't hurt it. The I restarted from that day again, got all the ship parts etc. but this time when I got to the boss, I brought some yellow Pikmin with, and they set them off for no reason and killed over 80. Should I be bothering with bombs or not?
Sat 24/04/04 at 17:58
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Is that the one where you hit its' nose and its' wings open?
Sat 24/04/04 at 18:01
Regular
Yeah, just beat it before. Bit of a git, though, because I have to beat that and the massive birds in one day. Gah.
Sat 24/04/04 at 19:04
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Heh, not nice I presume.
Sat 24/04/04 at 19:40
Regular
Bloody hell, it seems that a fair few Japanese mags are giving Pikmin 2 high scores...

Famitsu: 9 / 9 / 9 / 9 - (36/40)
Dorimaga: 10 / 9 / 9 - Total 9,33
Famitsu GC: 10 / 9 / 10 / 10 - (39/40)
Dengeki GC: 9 / 9 / 9

Best GameCube title yet...? Perhaps, these consistently great scores seem to suggest that.
Sat 24/04/04 at 21:27
Regular
tphi wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> Olimar is also an anagram of mario if you remove the L...
>
> And loogie just isn't funny.
>
> Mmm.. If Olimar sounds like Mario, Loogie sounds alot like Luigi..
>
> Are Nintendo that unoriginal?

It's Miyamoto, paying homage to older characters. It isn't hard coming up with a name, relating it to the Mario franchise is only spotted by the die hards.
Sat 24/04/04 at 21:31
Regular
Oh, by the way, those Albino-Pikmin don't poison enemies, supposedly they are immune to poisonous gasses that other Pikmin die when they try to pass through - similar to Blue Pikmin walking through water. Judging by their size, they should be able to reach small places too.

This will rock.
Sat 24/04/04 at 23:30
Regular
Pikmin's problems were it rushed you and it was too short.

A bit of epicising and more gameplay and classic is made.
The random level generator is a neat trick too.

Being the first sequel, it's the first game where the "level design" has been the main focus, now the game engine, graphics and basic game mechanics have been mastered.

Hopefully they've done something big with the Mario and Zelda engines.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.