GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pikmin"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pikmin'.
Fri 23/04/04 at 18:02
Regular
I'm a bit sick of Hitman 2 and Harvest Moon at moment, along with my other currently-played games, so I decided to give Pikmin a quick go and really rekindled my love of the thin, odd looking plants.

I never really remember Pikmin being as good as it is. I always liked it, but returning it seems wonderful, and more of a Nintendo game than Wind Waker and Sunshine. Building up 100's of slaves, racing against the clock to safety... I never really realised how great this is, and despite being a bit sceptical about the 2nd, I'm really looking forward to it now.

RBS is just plain wrong. Not liking this is foolish, it's a true Nintendo masterpiece and, in terms of gameplay, almost faultless (bar a few niggles when trying to seperate Pikmin.)

This is why a bought a GameCube.
Fri 23/04/04 at 18:02
Regular
I'm a bit sick of Hitman 2 and Harvest Moon at moment, along with my other currently-played games, so I decided to give Pikmin a quick go and really rekindled my love of the thin, odd looking plants.

I never really remember Pikmin being as good as it is. I always liked it, but returning it seems wonderful, and more of a Nintendo game than Wind Waker and Sunshine. Building up 100's of slaves, racing against the clock to safety... I never really realised how great this is, and despite being a bit sceptical about the 2nd, I'm really looking forward to it now.

RBS is just plain wrong. Not liking this is foolish, it's a true Nintendo masterpiece and, in terms of gameplay, almost faultless (bar a few niggles when trying to seperate Pikmin.)

This is why a bought a GameCube.
Fri 23/04/04 at 18:14
Regular
"thursdayton!"
It's a great little game, from what I've played.. which is about 3/4 of it. Can't wait for the second game, what with the latest Famitsu scores.

One thing, I'm probably being dumb because of the heat, but what/who is RBS?
Fri 23/04/04 at 18:15
Regular
RastaBillySkank. The FOOL doesn't like Pikmin.
Fri 23/04/04 at 18:34
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Rickoss wrote:
> RastaBillySkank. The FOOL doesn't like Pikmin.

Fool indeed, 'tis a classic.

I wonder when Pikmin 3 is coming out. Miyamoto has mentioned it..
Fri 23/04/04 at 21:11
Regular
"Plate of glue"
Rickoss wrote:
> I'm a bit sick of Harvest Moon at moment

What!
Fri 23/04/04 at 21:11
Regular
"Nickelback no. 1 fa"
Harvest moon 2 is ace!
Fri 23/04/04 at 21:47
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I've just completed Pikmin as well, and for the first time too. Before I would play it up until around the 4th world and then get bored, but this time I stuck with it, and eventually completed it in 25 days. Although the game isn't long, it has incredible replay value. I'll complete it again sometime. Probably during Summer.
Fri 23/04/04 at 21:53
Regular
The second time I completed it I think I managed 19 days. The last boss rocks.
Sat 24/04/04 at 00:27
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Pikmin is criminally underrated, but it looks like the second time round it might get the respect it deserves (well, judging by the incredible Famitsu scores).
Sat 24/04/04 at 11:45
Regular
I also forgot about the rocking music at the start and yet another nod to the GameCube's project name, Dolphin. This is classic.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.