GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pikmin"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pikmin'.
Fri 23/04/04 at 18:02
Regular
I'm a bit sick of Hitman 2 and Harvest Moon at moment, along with my other currently-played games, so I decided to give Pikmin a quick go and really rekindled my love of the thin, odd looking plants.

I never really remember Pikmin being as good as it is. I always liked it, but returning it seems wonderful, and more of a Nintendo game than Wind Waker and Sunshine. Building up 100's of slaves, racing against the clock to safety... I never really realised how great this is, and despite being a bit sceptical about the 2nd, I'm really looking forward to it now.

RBS is just plain wrong. Not liking this is foolish, it's a true Nintendo masterpiece and, in terms of gameplay, almost faultless (bar a few niggles when trying to seperate Pikmin.)

This is why a bought a GameCube.
Thu 06/05/04 at 14:07
Regular
First time round though?

As this is the first time I've gone past day 6 without giving up :D
Thu 06/05/04 at 13:45
Regular
Ha! I did it in 17. :-D
Thu 06/05/04 at 13:42
Regular
Aye - I had to look on the guide at www.nintendo.co.uk to figure out how to get my pikmin to the shore on Final Trial - only because I forgot you could walk into them to select them.

I also noticed that there are two walkthroughs exactly the same on ukwalkthroughs.com

:/

Note: I only looked up the one bit I was stuck on - the rest I want to work out myself.

Excellent game Pikmin! I should have it completed by its 22nd day - 23rd if I'm lucky.
Thu 06/05/04 at 10:36
Regular
After seeing a couple of screenshots, it seems you press Y to use the bomb rocks instead of randomly blowing Pikmin up by whistling. Hopefully it will mean a lot less death.
Mon 03/05/04 at 23:01
Regular
I frequently have pikmin slaughtered - it's all part of the costs of war :D
Mon 03/05/04 at 22:55
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Oh dear.. mass accidental Pikmin slaughter will ensue.
Mon 03/05/04 at 22:47
Regular
I'm sure I've seen them on some screens.
Mon 03/05/04 at 22:43
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Rickoss wrote:
> From the videos on nintendo.co.jp, it looks as though Yellow Pikmin
> now have electrical elements - meaning they can pass through
> electrified fences and the like.

Nintendo will claim they had it all along, but you never had the chance to use it before.. or something.

Speaking of yellow Pikmin, haven't seen them carrying any Bomb Rocks yet. I wonder if they will come into the sequel. Damn pests they were, so easy to nuke loads of your Pikmin by mistake.
Mon 03/05/04 at 21:11
Regular
From the videos on nintendo.co.jp, it looks as though Yellow Pikmin now have electrical elements - meaning they can pass through electrified fences and the like.
Mon 03/05/04 at 16:28
Regular
I just played the original for the first time in aaaaaaaaages - Most excellent game it is.

I wonder if I'll get further than 10 days this time without moving onto a different game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.